1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Need help on Buy versus Redeem!

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by tls030583, Aug 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tls030583

tls030583 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I realize there's a minimum on the number of rewards you can redeem in 30 days .. . . . but what does this technically mean? Can you "buy" rewards and save them up? Example: let's say our trip is 90 days away. Can you "buy" 3 rewards every 30 days, save them up and then redeem all 9 in one trip? I'm so confused!!

2. rgerards

rgerards Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you can only redeem/use 3 in a 30 day window. No matter how many u buy.

3. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And you must also use the rewards within 90 days of redeeming for them... with rooms and shows being the exceptions, but you must still book/reserve those within the same 90 days, just not have to use them.

After 90 days of not being used, the rewards are forfeited.

4. Laura_W

Laura_W Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They aren't technically redeemed until you actually use them. For example, I booked my Love tickets in April. But, I still can only get 2 additional rewards for my trip in 2 weeks because I haven't used that reward to see the show yet. Does that make sense?

5. vegas3

vegas3 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is not be considered redeemed as in the 3/30 rule until the show date, you have one more reward. It is considered redeemed as in not refundable the second you book it.

Another scenario for the OP is that, you can purchase 5 rewards for a trip and redeem the 3 you want and 30 days later use the other 2.

6. Laura_W

Laura_W Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have the Love, Aria buffet, and MC credit.. And than I got an Aria lunch buffet - JUST in case.. LOL I have the extra LP's and never know, might change our mind about one of em. But when I grabbed the 4th reward I got a big ole warning saying something about I've gotten my limit and do I really want the 4th one. Wish I knew how much it would cost to get the 4th one. I like it better when it was with a $5 puchase. lol $50 wouldn't be worth it to me to get say a $30 buffet for 2.. or something like that.. :)

7. vegas3

vegas3 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keep them all and take them with you. You will be able to use both Aria buffets. It's one of my favorite buffets. :) They are great if you need to refund them just don't take them to the mlife desk until you are sure you want to use them.

8. Famgel

Famgel Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just wondering why is a free Aria lunch buffet 19,500 and for two of you 78,000? Thanks!

9. g8rb8k8

g8rb8k8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe they do that so you can get twice the reward with only using up one of them. Just like the show tickets, the ones for two is almost 3 x the amount of just a single ticket.

10. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's probably that much more because it allows you to only use one reward. For people with a lot of LP's, they may not mind spending more if it allows them to purchase another reward.

11. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe I am confused, can I redeem my points for my free room, book it now even if the trip is past 90 days out?

12. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, as long as you book your trip within 90 days of the purchase of the reward you are fine. Just be sure to check and see how far out they have dates available. If you're looking to book for next September for example, it may be too early to reserve a room.

13. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not to thread jack, where do I find out what dates are available? I'm looking for late March and already have enough for one night

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.