1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Off-Strip Spas worth the time and money

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Snowbelle3, Sep 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are a ton of groupons for off-strip spas. I've yet to get a massage in Vegas so I was thinking of taking advantage of them.

Without knowing what these particular spas are, what off-strip spas would you recommend if any?

2. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went to A Touch of Vegas day spa in February for their special of the month - massage & facial. Great price & service - my husband dropped me off in our rental car and they gave me a ride back to our hotel (there is a minimum service $$ but they do offer ride service) Day spas are going to lack the whirlpools & saunas of hotel spas, but for a treatment, they can be a fantastic bargain. I knew the pros & cons and was happy with that decision.:peace:

3. Jinx

Jinx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In my opinion I don't see the value, considering Vegas spas give you access to full facilities for whole day and its easy to spend three-four hours in there after a treatment.

4. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Reliquary Spa at Hard Rock is VERY nice... I've only gotten my hair-cut at the associated salon (which sadly doesn't take long), but my daughter has used the spa services several times. Her favorite was the Wynn's, but she says Reliquary ranks up there pretty well.

5. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegas is where I got my addiction to massages. I started getting them when I was about 18 at the Desert Inn Spa. It was my first time in a clothing optional setting (as far as I have seen, all Vegas spas are still to this day clothing optional) which was rather awkward at first.

Iv had many massages since in Vegas, I usually get it the day before the last day or the last day so that I can be relaxed for the return trip. Depending on where you go obviously will depend on what you pay but I have seen them at major resorts for as low as 65 bucks.

Make sure you make a reservation, most book up rather quick for the day from my experience (at least on the mens side)

6. landsburger

landsburger High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The value is to people who only want a massage, which in general should be much less expensive than a Strip property. I'm with you that I'd rather stay where I'm at, but there is value.

Not sure which major resorts you mean, but I've never seen a massage go for even near $100 unless you mean some 20 or 30 min tune up. With tip your usually starting at $150+++

7. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually go for 50 minute, I paid 65 at NYNY. I guess I should have added the disclaimer that it has been awhile since I have had the service on the strip and it may have went up. I paid 85 at Golden Nugget in 2011 (my last vegas visit) for an 80 minute.

8. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow that is normal price where i live for a 60 minute massage.

9. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Imperial Spa, off Sahara, not far from Las Vegas Blvd.

There's a Goopon deal right now, it appears, for admissions, which is typically $20/person. You get access to the locker room amenities and upstairs they have a clothing mandatory area with other suana experiences, as well as the ice room. http://www.theimperialspa.com/aboutus.php

You can also indulge in fancy treatments. I tried a body scrub/massage combo. If you book services then your $20 admission is waived.

I bought a Goopon-like deal for discounted admissions that I plan to use this fall. If we decide to go for massages or other services we'll use the discoutned admissions for a second visit during our stay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.