1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Frankie's Tiki Room

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by ValerieJo, Sep 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ValerieJo

ValerieJo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just recently heard about this place and thought we'd check it out next month. Look like a fun, different sort of place.

Does anyone know if we could walk there from Downtown? It appears to be a few blocks West off Main Street, I'm just not sure how far South it is from Fremont.

Thanks.

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It'd be a VERY loooong walk... it's on Charleston and a pretty good haul over from Main St. under the freeway to the west side of I-15... not really a walkable friendly area due to the incredible traffic there and the freeway exits and entrances. I wouldn't walk it.

It sure is a fun joint though and worth a visit if you like dive type bars!

3. ruralhipster

ruralhipster High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have walked it from the El Cortez and it's a bit of a hall (more than a half hour less than an hour). I took the Main Street south of the Plaza to Charleston on the way there, and Charleston to LV Boulevard on the way back. It was a bit seedy but I didn't encounter anyone else in the mid-day outside walking about, nor would I want to. Not a walk for those that were afraid to go to the Western if you know what I mean.

On the bright side I was able to enjoy 4 complimentary beverages while playing a little VP and Keno, instead of the usual one or two that I have if I'm driving. I wouldn't recommend anyone under 200 lbs having a second cocktail and getting behind the wheel to be perfectly honest.

4. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Valerie Jo, Frankie's is currently my favorite bar in Las Vegas. Give some thought to bringing some extra money in order to buy a souvenir glass. The site I attached has a map link toward the bottom:

http://www.frankiestikiroom.com/

5. ValerieJo

ValerieJo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the input. You guys are always so helpful.

We will have a rental car, but don't want to drink and drive. Thinking maybe we could walk there (daylight hours) and cab back? We are staying at The California. My husband is 6'5" so we've never really had issues with being approached.

:beer:

6. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Frankie's is a bit pricy, you might just consider it for a drink or two and move to a cheaper dive. FYI, check my post on Herb's and Rye. It has a good happy hour deal and has a very cool interior. Outside looks like it is a dive bar.

7. Michelle

Michelle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was there last September, very fun. I took a cab from the strip. It's small and some of the stools were novelty log carvings so I felt like I was going tip over! Have fun!

8. Paulie_D

Paulie_D Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's Vegas, just cab it. I certainly wouldn't walk it from Downtown...it's a good couple of miles most of which is not the sort of area you want to be on foot.

Frankie's is the bomb....I took a group there last year and they loved the joint.

Sure, it's not huge but it's got atmosphere all up the yin-yang...do it for what it is. Abandon preconceptions and just enjoy.

If you find yourself NOT enjoying it (hey we're all different) ..have a back up plan and move on.

At least you'll be able to say, "Been There, Done That!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.