1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Las Vegas to Lubbock... Upcoming Trip

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by ronc, Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I realized this week that I was missing an opportunity to end our company's trip to Vegas (15 folks traveling to a conference) with another trip that ties yet another trip all together and makes it a seemingly better way to go. Basically, we had 9/14-9/18 in Vegas, back to Houston, and then 9/20 driving to Lubbock and returning 9/22. By renting a car and linking them, we get extra tourist time, save 1,000 miles on our car, and add only 500 miles to the total mileage we have to drive for the trip.

The preliminary plan is to leave Vegas 9/18 and drive to Seligman, AZ taking Rt 66 from Kingman to Seligman. The next day, head to the GCNP and spend the day there, ending up in Winslow, AZ. I looked for rooms in the park; none were available.

I know this doesn't give much time at the Grand Canyon, but it does give us a chance to go there...neither one of us have ever been. I have driven Rt 40 before (1985 or so), but I stopped only at night on a quick trip across the continent. Not one iota of tourist stuff.

I'm looking for your help in letting me know if there is anything we are missing that would be worth adding, re-routing, subtracting, etc. from the very limited time we have. Essentially, we need to drive 1,000 miles and see whatever we can 9/18-9/20...and be in Lubbock in time for dinner 9/20.

...I have posted this on another board and have already had one suggestion; our route may be altered to go further on Rt 66 and hit Oatman (wild burros?)...

Thanks in advance for your assistance!!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.