1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Oh, hey, I leave for Vegas in like 9 hours

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by mrubs4, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrubs4

mrubs4 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last time out was a few days shy of two years ago. Was on dialysis at the time and it was an interesting trip. And no, dialysis doesn't sober you up.

Cancelled a trip last spring as the ball started rolling on a live donor for a kidney transplant, which took place June 2012. Post-tx care says no flying for a year or so, so Vegas kind of got pushed to the back of my mind.

I still checked in here and there to keep up with all the new action going on in town but stayed away from the more things-to-do and trip-report oriented stuff.

Early this summer I caught a SWA sale, roundtrip from Albany NY on direct flights for $325 on my vacation week so it was a go. Same buddies from the last two trips are going so it should be a good time.

Kind of weird though, I'm not overly excited. Previous trips had me running through the Wizard of Odds trainers, researching things to do like a maniac, lurking on VMB every day.

This trip all I really have on my "to do" list is play the new Sigma Derby machine downtown. I might sneak away from my friends for half a day to do the exotic racing experience, still on the fence with that one

I imagine once we clear the mountains and make the turn over Lake Mead and catch that first glimpse of the strip, my attitude will change. Once we crest the escalator to baggage claim and see the Presidential driver waiting for us, things will get more exciting. When we're popping that $5 champagne driving towards the strip, "Mr. R" will burst out from wherever he's been hiding for the last 726 days and we'll quickly nosedive into a hookers and blow!-filled weekend long conquest of utter degeneracy.

I should probably start packing :confused2:

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dang... you've been through a lot!!! Sure hope this is the "trip of the century" for you!

3. Max2589

Max2589 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a party.

4. Motorhead

Motorhead Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had Vegas trips like that - I really don't feel the "juice" before I go. But, once I land, it's like a tidal wave of Vegas hits me full on - it's rather nice to get that jolt of electricity. Hope you have a memorable trip!

5. Gino

Gino "The King of Inappropriate."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have fun, be safe, be drunk.

6. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a great trip. You definitely deserve it.

7. jackincols

jackincols Guest

Nice to read you're on the mend and able to get back to Vegas. 2 years absence is a long time for any Vegas junkie. Safe travel and have a ball with your buddies.

8. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope you have a great time, planned or unplanned!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.