1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

No offers from Aria. What to do?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Nittany1, Sep 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know there's another thread going on about MLife offers but I did not want to hijack to address my specific situation.

The background is I fly to Las Vegas Sunday for 5 nights.
    I had several offers expire at the end of August including some excellent ones for 3 nights in a suite at any MGM resort with $500 resort credit plus two free tickets to any show.
    The Aria offer was for Sky Suites.

I called my host in July telling him my plan of a Sept. trip and he said he is not allowed to extend corporate offers into Sept. He suggested waiting to see what I receive.

Well Sept. is here and most of my offers are gone. In fact the only hotel that offers a comp room is NYNY and I have never played there.
    That offer is a suite with $900 FP but I am not interested in NYNY.

So what happened?
    You would think I short played or stiffed them. Nothing could be further from the truth.
    Last trip to Aria in May I played 18+ hours for 4 nights at an average of over $400.
    I had 2 significant losses there this year that were well,well into 5 figures.
    I'm blown away by the fact that there are no offers after big actual losses and pretty good theo play.
    I could stay somewhere else but I have family members staying at Aria based on my suggestion and thinking I would receive a nice fall offer.

So while I was waiting for a new offer that never came, I booked a retail offer from Sky Suites at $315/night including 2 daily buffets.
    This is in fact a great deal as they go for $450/night and up without the buffet.
    The question for the comp experts is would you stay with this offer and look for backend comps from my host?
    I could call my host but he will want to put me in a tower suite not in the Sky Suites.
    Sorry to ramble but this has been an eye opener for me as it is looking like they do not want my business.

2. Kickin

Kickin Flea

I just want to say I think your host is pulling your chain saying this. My last trip was at the end of June and my Spring Offers were good but expired in May. My Summer Offer sucked hard. But when I asked my host at MGM if he could book me on the expired Spring Offer instead of the crappy Summer one he said sure and did it right away, including the freeplay etc. He actually said he didn't even see the Summer Offer in his system but the point is he booked me on the last expired offer.

Unless Aria has a different policy than MGM I think your host is either not being truthful or he doesn't even know he can do it.

3. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Be aware if you go with the paid sky suite you booked, they will want you to play up to the usual "comp value" of that room in order to comp it on the back end, not the $315 "retail" price you booked. I would be more comfortable with an upfront comp even if not in sky suites.

You seem aware that a host WILL book you in based on past play, just not in the room category you really want. I would try to negotiate with him a little, either ask for some F&B upfront with the tower suite or ask him to put you in sky suites and talk about food and bev on the back end.

The "offers" from Aria and Bellagio certainly do bear little correlation to one's level of recent play, and it irritates me as well. This is a case where it really makes sense to lean on the host a little bit and take what they will give you upfront.

4. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    honestly, the reason he will put you in the tower suites is because a $400 avg bet isn't quite high enough a Sky Suites comp from a host. so the fact that your previous corporate offers have been overcomping you really doesn't change anything from your host's perspective.

but really paying $315 a night instead of a comped lesser suite? sounds crazy to me. as far as backend comps go, he will still only be able to pick up what he can at the suite comp rate. so likely you may only get 4 nights comped or maybe all 5, but no F&B, etc. another option is you can pay for the suite at the $315 rate with your ECs if you have that many and he can use your primary comps to cover F&B.

5. CaptainJack

CaptainJack Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with Shifter. Your action probably hasn't warranted a Sky Suite, although if you did have 5-figure losses in the past few trips, you may still get a bump up to Sky Suite. To be honest, staying in a corner suite in the regular tower is preferrable IMO to staying in an Aria Suite in the middle of a Sky Suites floor. Call your host, see what they'll do...keep in mind the end of your stay bumps into a big fight weekend.

6. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the fight weekend crowd doesn't start until Friday night, so he should have no problem getting into whatever his host will put him in for Sun-Thurs.

7. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last time he put me in a City View Corner Suite at RFB.
    I was thinking of calling him and tell him I booked an Aria Suite waiting for an offer that did not come hoping he would hook me up.
    I know my action is below what they want for Sky Suites and I know you guys are right.
    So I will probably call him later in the week and switch to a corner suite.
    My wife is coming on this trip and she loves the Sky Suites so that probably influenced my thinking.

8. 2VegasNuts

2VegasNuts High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My summer offer for Aria also expired on 8/30 and my fall offer arrived today. It is actually better than my summer offer.

9. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nothing yet on my end.
    Maybe there is hope but I have to get it by Friday.

10. fungamble6010

fungamble6010 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's crazy that a $400 average bet isn't enough for a suite. My how times have changed.

11. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I actually do get suites but the Sky Suites is a separate section of the hotel that is more upscale with additional amenities.
    One of my issues is that I had offers for SkySuites that expired 8/3.I also had offers for suites at any MGM resort that included $500 RC plus tickets, all expired 8/31.
    My trip is 9/8 and I have no offers except discounted rooms and suites.

12. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OP states $400 is enough for RFB in a corner suite, which at aria is a true suite with 2 bathrooms and a separate living room. Frankly that sounds like a very good deal given his described play and I would take it rather than obsess over the sky suites.

13. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That looks like the plan now.
    Calling host tomorrow to change reservation.
    The corner suites are fine I just hate the half mile walk to and from the elevator.

14. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I called and got my "Fall Offer" ,which still has not showed up on the website or in email. It included Zarkana tix which I already saw so I told my host to keep them.
    My host cancelled my reservation and made one using the offer.
    So when I arrived I expected a corner suite along the RC.
    I got the pleasant surprise of it not only being in Sky Suites but a Penthouse which is really,reallly nice!
    This is definitely above what I normally expect or receive so I'm enjoying it.
    I think the fact that I'm missing the weekend is a factor.

15. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad to hear it worked out for you!

16. Max2589

Max2589 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All that worrying for nothing.

Btw, I plan on calling Fonteboa tomorrow. Tried on Saturday but he wasn't in.
    Going to move one of my Cosmo nights over there and put some play in as he offered me an upfront comp. I was second guessing that based off your original post but it looks like he took care of you. I'm in.

17. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    absolutely. they have no problem bumping you up into an otherwise-empty suite midweek. makes you happy and costs them nothing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.