1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bell Trans VIP Shuttle

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by sam_marques, Sep 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sam_marques

sam_marques Vegas Vlogs Youtube / TeamClareVlogs

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just returned from my annual Vegas trip and wanted to share my experience of the Bell Trans VIP airport shuttle.

When researching my trip, I really couldn't find much info or reviews which made me a little apprehensive about using the service. But I wanted to try a new way of travelling from/to the airport. Since starting my trips in 2002 I have used a regular shuttle (once) and then taxis and limos from hotels. I'm just tired of the odds of getting long hauled and grumpy taxi drivers.

I mostly travel solo, this trip was a group trip but I arrived and departed separately.

On arrival I made my way to the bell Trans kiosk outside the baggage claim, the lady looked over my printed confirmation and then pointed me to podium where people were queuing for shuttles, the guys working the podium radio-d the driver and less than 5 minutes later a SUV came round, the driver was helpful and friendly, and I didn't need to share with anyone. He drove me to Aria and I arrived happy and not agitated:nworthy: Tip $10

I had emailed before I left home to ask that my return pick up to the airport was from the Wynn, I was emailed a confirmation less than 10 mins later.

Return pick up- Bell Trans emailed me the day before to confirm my return pick up at 6:30am then again at 6:10 am on the day to let me know my driver was early and waiting for me. When collecting my luggage from the bell desk, they knew me and my driver, called him round, this time a nice town car, again lovely, friendly driver and no one to share the ride. $10 tip.

So in total with tips $48 and zero stress!!

This was my experience and now the only way I will travel from/to the airport.

2. weiman

weiman Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for the info! I have this booked for my trip next month.
    Any indication if the driver would have stopped for booze, food, and/or supplies?:wink2:

3. 9wishes

9wishes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you so much for that! Just booked mine for December. I'm on Southwest and their baggage claim for me is usually right by the shuttle exit door, too. I usually schlepp all the way over to the taxi snakey line and its always your first crap shoot how that first taxi ride is going to be.

4. jimboguy

jimboguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for this report! Good detail and the information is quite helpful.

Typically I take the WAX bus from the airport to downtown, but since my flight arrival time in LAS probably won't line up with the WAX bus departure time on my upcoming trip, I will consider booking the Bell Trans VIP Shuttle.

I may still consider a taxi, but the last two times I have had to take a taxi I was long hauled. I called the taxi driver out on it both times and ended up getting the ride for free, but still not a scenario I look forward to facing in the future.

Thanks again.

5. Codewarrior47

Codewarrior47 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I too thank you. Leaving this week for vegas and was debating with myself how to get to where I'm going. Sounds like Bell Trans is the way to go.

6. popcornoholic

popcornoholic Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for this info. I looked it up on their website and see that the price is $28. I cant tell if that price is per person or just the total price. There will be 2 of us so if it's just a total price, that wouldn't be a bad deal. Does anyone know the details on the pricing?

7. hillwood24

hillwood24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Curious about this as well.

8. win4me

win4me VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since a regular shuttle runs about $14 RT per person, my guess is the VIP shuttle price is $28 per person RT.

9. Vegasman

Vegasman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  10. sam_marques

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes it's $28 per person, I think it's worth it for 1-2 people.

11. sam_marques

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm really not sure if they would stop but both drivers were so friendly and helpful that I think it's worth asking.

12. donovanrs28

donovanrs28 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used the VIP Shuttle in June and was very easy. I had the sedan on the way to hotel and limo coming back. I didn't have to share with anyone either. $48 with tips was well worth it IMO.

13. JAMES WILSON

JAMES WILSON Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    worried

anyone going to vegas stressed about getting long haul by a cab should stay home the minute you step off the plane you are long hauled by the hotel the games you play the resteraunts and so on:peace:

14. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think I might have to look into this for our next trip. It sounds great.

15. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are going to pay $28/pp and you're not alone, might as well hire a limo, have an hour, stop where you want etc.

Jimbo338

16. Snotick

Snotick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would be curious as to what days of the week and what time of day it was that people used the service?

I would think a Fri, Sat, Sun use would increase your chances of having to share a ride with a stranger. While Tues, Weds would have less of a chance.

I also wonder if they have a policy on wait times. Do they know your air travel schedule, or do they dispatch a vehicle once you arrive? If they know someone else's plane should be arriving at the same time (different airline, different city) will they make the first person arriving wait 10-15 minutes?

For someone that travels solo, I think this is a no brainer. 90% of the time, I take a cab from the airport to the hotel and then from the hotel back to the airport. With tip and traffic, I average $22 per leg. So, for $4 more, I get to skip the cab line and get to show up at my hotel like a rock star. Sweet!

17. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just to eliminate any confusion, this isn't the regular bell trans service that is provided at the airports. It is a VIP service provided by bell trans. The regular belltrans service uses those big shuttles, mostly will wait until the shuttle fills up before leaving the airport and return service from the hotels has been unpredictable.

I just wanted to warn others that while the VIP shuttle sounds good, the regular bell trans shuttle is suspect, especially pickup from the hotel to the airport. Rides from the airport to the hotel is more predictable and reliable (may take long though and you have to wait for the shuttle to fill up) but the return trip is unreliable (I had to wait 2 extra hours for the shuttle, almost missed my flight, never do it again).

18. VPDana

VPDana High-Roller

I live in the Midwest, St. Louis, MO to be exact.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with your take on the regular Bell Trans service for transport from hotel to airport. We tried two times and were burned two times. First time, they were a no-show. (They got their am/pm pick-up time confused!) We grabbed a cab and made it. We gave them the benefit of the doubt and tried a second time. MISTAKE! We were the first to be picked up. There were so many pick-up stops between us and the airport that we got to McCarran a little less than an hour before our flight. We really had to hustle to check-in, go through security and walk miles to our gate. PHEW!

19. jimboguy

jimboguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I almost ordered the VIP shuttle, but when I got to the web page where it asks for your credit card info, I noticed the page was not secure or encrypted. I didn't feel comfortable entering my CC info on an unencrypted page, so I didn't complete the order.

20. Motorhead

Motorhead Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info sam - really helpful.

I think I'll give the VIP shuttle a try on my upcoming trip to DT. Last trip, taxi from DT to Airport cost me $42 by a long-hauling cabby. I'm done with cabs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.