1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Food & Beverage

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Vegas55, Aug 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vegas55

Vegas55 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just received an offer from Bellagio that includes a daily food and beverage allowance. How does that work in regards to the charges being taken off. Do they put the allowance on your card and everytime you make a purchase it is subtracted or are those charges removed at check-out. Also, I recall something about the tax or tip on purchases not being able to be used as part of the allowance, is that correct ? ty

2. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't been at an MGM property in a while but we're staying at Bellagio this upcoming trip. In the past when we were at the Mirage, you didn't even see the charge on your bill. If you check it daily (highly recommended) on your TV. All you'll see are tax and tips.

Our host told us they now have F&B $200 and F&B $500 so I have to assume whichever you are, once (if) you hit that limit the charge would show.

Others here that are more current MGM clients might chime in w/ more recent information.

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As said, it is all tied to your room. Just charge away.

4. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, just stayed there in June with a room and food comp. Just charged all of our food to the room, and didn't pay a dime! We did room service one night, so we just did the tip with cash.

5. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    charge everything to your room and it will be picked up. tax is picked up, but tip is not. but you should know that there's a limit on the F&B these days for most people even when it doesn't say so. I believe it's $300/day at Bellagio.

6. Vegas55

Vegas55 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone for the information. I'm receiving $350 a day so look forward to putting on a few pounds.:licklips: I plan on tipping in cash so happy to hear nothing should show on the bill.

7. Vegas55

Vegas55 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just a couple of other questions on this subject. Do they enforce $350 a day or could you say spend $500 one day and $400 another as long as you don't go over $1050 for a 3 day stay. Also, I've read a couple of places that they restrict the number in your party to 2 when using the food credit, is that correct ?

8. Max2589

Max2589 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe it depends on the property. Some will enforce the per day amounts and others will allow per trip. Not certain about Bellagio.

9. lmondun

lmondun Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In my experience with mLife properties, mostly at Mirage or NYNY, the F&B credit may be listed as "per day" but I have always been comped up to the total amount available for the trip. And, no, I have never seen an attempt to limit that comp to a part of 2. In April, we had $200 per day at Mirage for a four-day trip and hosted a party of 9 for a special birthday dinner at Le Cirque. At the end of our stay, $800 of the $1,000+ bill was comped off.

F&B comps at CET properties do not work the same way, by the way, but that doesn't seem to be a concern for the OP.

10. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree that all upfront F&B comps with a fixed dollar amount that I've gotten have been total stay and not per day and there's no limit on how many people. the only limit for how many people is when they say RFB for 2 and don't specify a dollar amount. but those types of deals are few and far between these days.

but of course YMMV.

11. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it has been listed as rfb500 for at least a year now, but the host writes off anything over that anyway. I never even knew this until one time checking in at the skylofts, and the concierge pointed it out to me, and I was like "what the hell is this, I don't have a limit, lol"

12. luvzmuzik

luvzmuzik Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always stay at Bellagio with a $350 per day food allowance. The way it works out is if I stay for 3 nights, I get a total of $1,050 to spend on food while I'm there. That's my "allowance" and it doesn't matter how much or how little I spend each day. I just confirmed that this is still the arrangement for my upcoming trip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.