1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

DJ's making insane amounts of $$

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by Dean Martin, Aug 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn right. You know how hard it can be to hook a MacBook Air up to some of those sound systems?

But hey, God bless 'em! :nworthy:Gotta strike while the iron is hot.

3. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Isn't that the truth! The way things come and go in Vegas, who knows how long this latest gig will last:poke:

I'll be heartbroken when it does fade out...:evillaugh Or....shit, I could be dead:confused2:

4. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    that article and headline is a bit misleading.

most of his money is not coming from clubs.

5. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That makes a little more sense....like a DA, I just scanned the article instead of reading the whole thing:poke:

Although this was the second article I've seen this week and the other one was specifically about the club DJ's in Vegas....they are hauling in some serious coin for sure.

6. TuneinTokyo

TuneinTokyo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yeah it sounds like they make their money, or at least Harris, as producers who sell singles.

Good for them.

7. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Paul Konerko of the White Sox makes $13,500,000 a year and is hitting .238

8. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lol! I still remember the Brewer GM at the time saying no player was worth 3 million a year and Paul Molitor signed with the Blue Jays in 93 because the Brewers wouldn't pay it.:cry::cry:

9. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Should have skipped college and just taken this class!

[​IMG]

10. Sklem211

Sklem211 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $43 mil a year will happen when you break the UK chart record previously held by Michael Jackson for the most #1 singles from 1 album.

11. brandi.boots

brandi.boots Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have heard some very good DJs...but....ummm....wow

12. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most of the big name DJs hitting Vegas are doing double duty. Their names are the draw and they do the pool and nightclub. Most of the time 3 or 4 clubs in just as many nights.

13. mikenhe

mikenhe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a friend who is in a band. they tour and have had several successful albums but most of his income is from his DJ'ing when they are not working with the band. theres a bit more to it than just turning up with a laptop. plenty of time goes into putting together the music and then adding your own twist to it. you have to be able to carry the crowd with you - and people are fickle..

anyway - if you are a club owner then you want your club full - and you've seen the prices to get into, and drink at, clubs. if the DJ you employ can bring in an extra 500 people and they spend $100 each then that's an extra 50K a night. what if they bring in 2,000 people extra... 200k

so how much is that DJ worth to your business for one night?

14. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A lot is off of the albums, remixes, licensing, having their own label, etc but think about this.

Calvin Haris gets $200-300k per show. So 100 gigs a year alone is $20 million. Tiesto depending on who you listen too is in the same ballpark. Overseas the money is even a little higher since EDM is more popular over there.

Talk about striking while the fire is hot, in 2011 Pauly D was pulling in $40k per night spinning at Palms. Now? Who knows since the 15 minutes of fame is almost washed up.

15. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How much of that is media/club hype? Oh, wait, club owners would never inflate the amount they are paying for entertainment to justify bottle service or door fees. Right?

Anytime I read something that provides a generalized statement like, overseas I become skeptical. Similar to in Asia they pay top dollar for...

16. Someone

Someone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    that is the real crime there fake orange tan no talent fools getting paid anywhere close to others that have talent much less pieces of human detritus like paris hilton "DJing" .....I would imagine paris hilton's purse dog has more music and DJ talent than she does

maybe they can get one the kardashians butts to spin a record too :vomit:

17. Terry Benedict

Terry Benedict VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is like saying David Letterman gets paid to talk to guests. Letterman gets paid to bring in advertisers. Jersey Shore Guy and Paris don't get paid to play music or host a night at the club, they get paid to get people in the door, that night and to create a reputation for the club to get people in the future also.

Don't hate the player, hate the game. I have respect for these earners who are stiking while their fame can generate revenue, even if I don't want to see them.

18. Max2589

Max2589 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    EDM is where the big money is at these days. I wish I could get a piece of that pie.

19. Someone

Someone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree 100% with what you are saying....I have no ill will towards pauly D, but it is a sad commentary that all "hot clubs" can do is get someone that is famous for being a lay about do nothing and hand him an IPOD and call him a DJ and idiots will flock to the large urine tub to stand around and hear his "talents"

hey if pauly D can capitalize on that more power to him, but it is sad that any "club" or promoter can only come up with that act to get people in the door and even more pathetic that people actually come in the door

I think it is really a matter of people are going to the club/pool party anyway and you could put Mr. Ed the talking horse up there and if enough people showed up to see the freak show the promoter would pretend that was a "hot act"......it is not a matter of real talent or staying power it is a matter of people will show up to see the train wreck and then move on to the next train wreck and so promoters do not look for real talent they look for the next train wreck which is why clubs go so hot and so cold so fast

Elvis, Dean Martin, Cirque Du Soleil and on and on these acts played Vegas for a decade or more and some for several decades because they had real talent......pauly D might last 3-4 years at most......and for pauly D personally hey more power to him, but the idiots that can only come up with that act for their club I hope you go broke at the end of that 3-4 years

and as for paris hilton she is just disgusting

20. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My goodness... just don't go. And Paris Hilton is HOT!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.