1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

My Mind has been De-Vegasified

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Snowbelle3, Aug 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I feel as though I have been deprogrammed.

Coming back to the board, it feels like I do not know what is happening anymore. I literally stepped outside of my prior world for a while, peeped in and had no clue how to adjust.

Everyone is so excited here. It's like re-entering a big party.

I have not done anything related to Vegas for 3-plus months. lol I can't believe how much of Vegas I had shut down in my brain to readjust to civilian life.

Civilian life is different.

Very different.

It's nice to be back. Yet I find I am not as organized or as attune to the next adventure. So....I am taking requests!

I want to have one day dedicated to VMB requests. It can be simple or grand; it can be a new adventure or a repeated adventure with a new twist or new information; it can be reviews, experiences, reactions, etc...but it must be affordable and safe. :D

2. Dewey089

Dewey089 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Miss you. Glad you seem happy and fine.

3. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Dewey! :D Miss you all here. May was too fun Dewey! Yes I am fine and trying to get back into the swing of things!

4. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have you called Vegas and warned them that in 10 days you'll be back??!!

5. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOOOL!! As always I am actually thinking of leaving earlier than expected. They won't know what hit them. lol.

6. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Zamboni, you mean like Irish foreplay? Brace Yourself! Heehehhheheeee....ahhhhh...an oldie but a goodie. I'm qualified to say that joke, I'm mixed with, as my father called it, "potato famine Irish".

Anyhow. It won't take long for the Vegas part of your brain to take over again. The wiring is all in there. It's like being assimilated by The Borg. Once you're assimilated, that's pretty much it. You can pass for normal but you're still The Borg.

What kind of requests are you taking?

7. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Precisely. I am wired lol. I am so happy that Vegas people get me on this Vegas thing. :thumbsup:

I just figured that there may be thing that people want to do but want a review of (and so I can check it out) or there may be adventures they would like to hear about but which they don't personally plan on doing (unless it's worth it), etc. I like to explore Vegas so I at the very least like to know what people care to explore.

8. TuneinTokyo

TuneinTokyo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you like adventure and find a groupon for it, make Dig This part of the itinerary. I did it this summer and it was the coolest thing ever. It's the only place in the world to do it.

9. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That looks like a lot of fun. It's not available right now on groupon, but it seems to have been $119 before on groupon, which is a little high for me right now. Maybe one day though! It's rated very highly on tripadvisor for activities in Las Vegas :)

10. Tuna

Tuna High-Roller

Don't ever leave here. Stay here. Stay here as long as you can. For the love of God, cherish it. You have to cherish it.

11. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tuna, are you referring to Vegas? What makes you say that?

12. booker

booker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well … you wanted different

I'm pretty sure that you've never played in a poker tournament. Might I suggest…

"Invest" in a $60 poker tournament (like Harrah's or Bally's or PM me for other ideas) and give it a go! If you've never played in one, your first tournament will be an experience you will always remember. I'm sure you have paid more for experiences you can barely remember.

And if you do, be sure to record your impressions and feelings.

13. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sco....I know exactly how you feel/felt!:nworthy:

We have been going in the spring and again in the fall for quite a few years and due to a new (old but renewed) hobby of puttering with old boats and then had my very favorite kitty get real sick...we missed our spring trip and I just didn't make it to the board much.

Now most of the major boat projects are behind us, kitty is back to her wild self and we have a trip planned and I've been here like I used to be but at first, I really felt like I was out of the loop and didn't know what had changed, who closed and who had opened...etc It's amazing how quick things change in Vegas...I cant say I've ever vacationed anywhere that was as dynamic as Las Vegas. I came back and hear restaurant names and shows I had not even heard of....and then I was like, what is this Ling thing? :poke:

We're wandering from our Wynncore home of the last 5 years or so and staying at Bellagio so we're pretty pumped to go explore Bellagio and City Center, which we've really seen very little of. We just kind of hang out where we stay and relax, eat, have cocktails and gamble there.:beer:

Welcome back.....you can't stay away....there's no place like home, there's no place like home:evillaugh

14. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree, I think any kind of cheaper or free tournament would be an adventure for you. Especially if you haven't ever done a tournament.

15. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That sounds like a great idea! Is there anything cheaper than $60 though? lol Yes, you would be correct. I have never participated in a tournament before. It has been a long time since I have played poker.

But I did get to watch lady Fortuna and Dewey play live poker last trip. Let's see how much I remember! I will add this to my list of activities.

16. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry about the kitty. There is indeed no place like home.

Enjoy Bellagio! That should be a real treat (though I am partial to Wynn lol).
    I intend to explore City center a little more this trip too, staying at MC.

LOL@ Ling. It's funny how things change in such a short time. I had regular rituals for my trips that I have completely forgotten like how to pack, how to create my itineraries, balancing trip planning with work, etc. I seem a bit off-kilter. Can't wait for this retreat.

17. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're very partial to Wynn and Encore too.....hoping we're not going to get all settled in and think.."man, I wish we were at Encore":poke:

18. booker

booker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excalibur is $40 @ 9:00am, 1:00pm; 5 & 8

Flamingo is $50 @ 12:30am; 10, 2:00pm, 6, & 9

Generally, the nicer rooms have the higher buy-ins. You should have fun at either!

19. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes I love the idea lola! Excalibur tournament it is.

Thanks booker for the info. Exciting!

20. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :thumbsup:

Naaah. No way. You will enjoy it for what it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.