1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Avoiding long check-in at Aria?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by FolsomMike, Aug 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FolsomMike

FolsomMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Everything I read says that check-in at Aria can take anywhere from 25 to 90 minutes. As I've never had to wait more than fifteen minutes at any of the half dozen Strip hotels I've used before, I'm a little concerned about my November trip. I'm going midweek which I assume is less crowded but are there any specific times of day that are better or worse for check-in?

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've walked through that lobby many times and never really seen a line. I think you're worrying about nothing for the most part. especially if you're coming in midweek.

3. AceTen

AceTen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with Shifter. I even checked in on a Friday before Halloween weekend and didn't wait more than 10 min.

4. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed there a few times. Only once have I even bothered to use the "invited" line - there were multiple empty "regular" lines each time.

The one time I did use the "invited" line, the regular lines didn't look longer than 15 minutes.

YMMV of course. But I wouldn't worry too much.

5. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have stayed at Aria over 30 nights in the past couple years and have seen a "line" in the lobby only a couple times.
    Even then it did not look like a long wait.

6. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This post made me laugh.

Of all the things to worry about on a vacation, the wait in line at hotel check-in has never even crossed my mind.

And, to plan your arrival around a check-in line, well... that was enough to get me laughing pretty good.

Thanks!

7. travelfiend

travelfiend High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Back in mid May, I checked in on Tuesday about 2pm, and there was no line at all.

8. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The MLife check in at Aria can sometimes move pretty slow, but the regular check in usually moves at a decent pace.

Otherwise, for the "I'm a little concerned" part: unless you are going to do something like change your reservation if people say it is slow then being concerned or worried about is just a waste of time because it is what it is when you get there: either you have a wait or you don't.

Usually places with slow check ins (Luxor is a great example of that) its slow no matter what time you get there, even very early in the morning or very late at night.

If you want to get to gambling and/or drinking and/or eating right away what you can do is when you get to the hotel just have them take your bags and you can walk right in to the hotel - if there is a line up then go about your business and come back from time to time to check... if there isn't then go check in. Then when you get to your room call down and have your bags delivered.

9. FolsomMike

FolsomMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the responses...As for the clown who found my post so hysterical...I'm glad you're so easily amused. :rolleyes2:

10. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It took ~20 minutes for me to get checked in last week. It was a weekday as well... mostly business/convention guests.

11. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes, check in time.

dont go at 3pm and you should be fine. its a 24/7 town so you can check in later without hassle.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.