1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Crazy Day, 8/23

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by CoachSt, Aug 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CoachSt

CoachSt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

I humbly apologize for what you might choose to read in the following passage. As I lay in bed on the 61st floor of the cosmopolitan (yes 10 pm Vegas time) - coughing - I will try to live up to Vegas message board standard of trip report writing (although I know I shall fall miserably short)!

Left unnamed town outside of Phoenix at 3 am to make our 7 am flt on sw. No problem except I had been sick w flu for 4 days - no eating, vomit, hi temp, diarrhea - you know the fun stuff you choose to do on vacation (in bizarro world). Shaaaa! I hadn't slet 2 consecutive hours for 5 days - no good. My mother-in-laws guest bed sux. Therefore - her own beloved daughter became one of her union tended victim in her sleep-stealing scheme. (For you pe teachers). . . Me and wife are pooped before we set foot in Vegas.

So - Cosmo - ohh Cosmo. Long story short - I feel the f ed up - but in the end - I am high up w fountain view. Okay, now I'm pissed! I reserved four months ago - terrace studio w a view - done - get there and I think the desk person played me. Saw my 20$ - didn't offer upgrade - said she would take care of me - they would text me when room was ready - that was 9am - she also said said something weird - like - if they don't give you view - no problem - they will fix it! Weird thing to say when I had a good reservation.

We are tired - need a nap - it's too early to register - we respect that. We go try 2 - $100 attempt on $5 slots - my $100 0/10 - my wife played 1 coin at time - only life was a 2 coin win - so we redeemed our $100 slot loss promo. Promo is good for any slot not a progressive.

I tried 'hang over' slot - considered progressive and lost $39. What a horse shlt game. I then played thru 3 shooters of craps and cashed out up $200.

We are waiting - so go to MGM. Lost about $120 - but play over $220 w playbacks on lionshare. On way back - I lost $150 on Zeus and Zeus II at Aria - wife won $189 on Native American slot right next to me - grrr : )

Lots more but I am knackered - more tomorrow - if I wake up ; )

2. Tbone3336

Tbone3336 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you gotta have the flu, might as well be in Vegas and disinfect yourself with copious amounts of alcohol! Thanks for writing up the first day, looking forward to more, with hopeful wins!

3. CoachSt

CoachSt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sleep can be a good thing : )

I will be more concise about the rest of yesterday. My wife and I had aria buffet (my Vegas). I forgot that we could have used the VIP line - so waited in line for half an hour - no biggie. We bought the endless drink deal $13 for certain drinks and beer - we got our money's worth ; )

We visited almost all properties south of Cosmo. We had to pick up our tourney of kings tix at Excalibur (my Vegas for one of the tickets).

Here is why I got upset . . . We got to Cosmo at 9 am - we knew checkin was 3 - but, we knew we had a good room and good view (booked in May). All I wanted was an early check in due to our exhausted and weary bones. We firmly expected a text at 11, 12, 1, hell even 2 . . . No dice. We had been given the key and told they would be activated (is this possible?). A magnetic swipe card can be magnetized across town while in my wallet?

So, new front crew manning the desk. Gives the upgrading system line (which we all know is bs). Guy gives me room, so I'm in east tower - says "you are going to love it" - no view of fountain. I go back, talk to different guy - I get much better room - he said west tower - so get my wife - who just needs a nap - go to west tower - oops it's in the east tower. We are lit, sick and tired.

Love the room - in the end it is awesome! Shouldn't have been so frustrating. No time for nap - get to Excalibur - good show - front row, Russia mid-court seat.

Get back and DOOR won't open! Call security - why can't they just do it magnetically like she said they were going to do at 9 am. Why did they have to bring up new cards?

Every trip to and from the desk to the east tower I played roulette. I won abou $300 which put me about $17 after being down 400$. So that was cool.

Heading down right now for hopeful a different but not less fun day! Later

4. D in the D

D in the D Oldest ride, Longest Line

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Way to play thru the pain. :beer:

5. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That would have REALLY p**sed me off had they screwed things like that and I was sick.

Normally I just roll with the punches, but when I'm sick and tired I don't like to be jerked around.

Good on ya for taking it in stride.

BTW, what VIP line for the Aria buffet? They have a line for the SkySuites and the regular line. Is there a Platinum line?

6. CaptainJack

CaptainJack Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm still trying to figure out how you know tomorrow is going to be such a crazy day?

7. BigWW

BigWW High Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good stuff, lol. I was thinking the same thing.

Like everyone else said way to play through the pain and thanks for the report!

8. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never heard of that? i worked in a hotel for a year and we had to activate with a card swipe machine for the Room # and # of days. Soon as 11am hit on the last day they deactivated but had to reactivate manually.

9. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Feel better Coach and keep us posted. The terrace at Csmo with a drink is a great place to knock out the germs!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.