1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Limo question

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by siroisjm8, Aug 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. siroisjm8

siroisjm8 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been to vegas before and booked a limo to pick us up at the airport and transport to strip hotel. Nice ride but didn't like the fact that my hour started when my plane touched down. So by the time I got our bags we had just enough time to make it to the hotel. Going again in aug with a newbie. Would like to take a cruise up and down the strip in the limo before being dropped off at ballys. Are there limos just waiting at the airport like taxis? So my hour wouldn't start til I jump in or do I have to book one in advance like before? If they are waiting at the airport...what are their rates for an hour? Thanks in advance

2. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes there are limos waiting for you outside. However, you are stuck with the limo that is there, so if you walk out and all they have there is a suv, you might have to wait. Also, the tariff off the airport like that is a transfer, which means that the driver can do as they want as far as taking you to your destination. What I would do, throw them a 10 or a 20 up front and tell them to hit the 215 and come up lvblvd. Basically taking the long way. When are you coming?

3. siroisjm8

siroisjm8 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aug 25th...getting in around 11:30pm

4. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Honestly, that late night at night I would book something. Sometimes limos are slim pickings after about 10 pm. The best thing I can tell you to do. if you reserve one, tell them you want them to show up 20-30 minutes after your flight lands. they track flights, so shouldn't be an issue

5. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are wise to not want your hour to start on arrival time when it takes some airlines forever to send your luggage up (charging per bag didn't seem to improve service any). I have never seen a lack of limo's at any time that I arrived. If you deal with a company with a dozen limos.....maybe a problem. Try Las Vegas Limo (LVL). Besides owning a number of cab companies they have a fleet of limos around 180 so I don't think they are going to run out. I have found them clean, luxurious and very professional as well as reasonably priced. Google them and check their webpage.

jimbo338

6. apratt0905

apratt0905 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Presidential Limo

We use Presidential Limo and you are able to note the time you want to be picked up. That way you can retrieve your luggage and may only have to wait 5-10 before they arrive to pick you up. Sometimes, though, even if your hour has been partially used, they don't mind taking someone on a strip tour if they are new to Vegas...the drivers enjoy that if they aren't scheduled for another pickup right away.

If you are to book a car from Presidential, note your pick up time a little later than when your plane touches down to give you time to gather your bags. Also, put a note in your reservation saying what you are doing and that you want a LV strip tour. I'm sure they are happy to show you the town.

All of my drivers from Presidential have been wonderful. I have never had a bad experience or feel rushed at all. A round trip car is usually about $106 and it's well worth it!! I don't use anyone else.

DON'T forget to tip! It's a must in Vegas!!

7. sageblue

sageblue High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had never thought about setting my time later, so that's a good tip. However, on nonstop flights from Philly I have twice arrived an hour earlier than expected due to light winds, so if that happened it could really be a pain if I'd have to wait or finagle something else.

8. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yeah, sounds like the mistake you made was booking the limo to start when your plane landed. book it to pick you up 30 minutes later to give you time to get your luggage and get your full hour.

9. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've used Presidential many times and this has never been an issue. You book on line and one of the pieces of information they ask for is your flight number, ETA and what city you're flying out of. They monitor the flights and if your flight is early, late or delayed, they adjust accordingly. I'm telling you, these folks are good.

Additonally, no matter how long it has taken at times to get our luggage, I have never had a driver tell me that the fare is more than the quoted RT price you're given when you book. And that includes if we make a liquor store or some other stop.

Last I checked the sedan was $106 RT and a limo w/ a rose and chilled bottle of champagne was $135 RT (+ tip).

https://www.presidentiallimolv.com/las-vegas-limousine-web-special-reservations/

And when you book up front, there's no concern about if there will be a limo there and how much will it cost, etc. That's no way to start a Vegas vacation IMO.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  10. Gino

Gino "The King of Inappropriate."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What Dino said...times 10000. Presidential Limousine is the way to go. On time always, great cars and always clean. Whether it's a solo trip or a trip with the lovely wife, I get the package with the champagne and the rose. It's been a tradition now for almost 10 years for me, and I don't see it being broken anytime soon.

11. anton73

anton73 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never noticed Presidential really watching the clock. Every trip I have been able to get picked up at baggage, stop for booze and get to the hotel without issue.

12. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    limos

presidential is the way to go. There are cheaper companies, but Pres doesn't watch the clock, unless its a real busy day, or it takes you a real long time to get luggage. I used to book with Presidential, then went to work for them and I still use them, till I open my own. They plan their trips with enough time between runs to accommodate 15-20 minutes either way, if your flight is real early or real late sometimes you don't get your original driver, and sometimes they send you out to the door where they had the limos.

Sedan is $106
    Escalade is $122
    Chrysler 300 6 passenger $135
    8 passenger Lincoln $171
    12 passenger Escalade is $231
    I think the 6 passenger Lincoln is 130-140, I don't book those to much but pretty close

Attached Files:

13. RPToro

RPToro Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How about booking an airport pickup with 2 stops (Mirage and Wynn) on Sunday evening around 8:30pm? Will fitting that in an hour be an issue?

14. SBTX

SBTX Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked a limo online for my trip last March. It's the first time I've ever done that (have always taken taxis). It had an 18% gratuity included in the total charge. Knowing this I did not tip the driver any additional cash when he dropped us off. Was this poor etiquette?

Btw, I'm a full believer in the limo ride now. I have been tunneled before and when I started telling the cab driver how I wanted to get to my hotel they seemed annoyed. One guy even took me through the tunnel even after I said "No tunnel" Starting a Vegas trip pissed off is not good so it's limos for me from now on!

15. Vegas Lover

Vegas Lover Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone ever booked a limo with different pick up & drop offs? I'm starting my trip off at MSS, but ending it at Aria. Can they do this?

16. Lhammer28

Lhammer28 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know if I purchase the limo online is it just for them taking you there to the hotel AND hotel to the airport when you leave? (Presidential limo)

17. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you purchase the roundtrip yes

18. imderekpoe

imderekpoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked a package with Presidential for our trip next month. There wasn't a way to put in a different pick up point for the return, so after I booked online I e-mailed and they made the change. Looks like it should not be a problem.

19. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm taking Presidential when I arrive Sunday. Round trip for $135, includes champagne and rose (my GF will like that).

20. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    when I first got on this board in 2004, I drove for them and promoted the hell out of them. To this day I book with them. They have some of the nicest limos in town and in 10 years of working with them, I have had less than a handful of issues. When I drove we had less than 30 limos, now they are sitting around 105 limos. With cars that seat 3 to limo buses, they are good to work with. They are sister companies with Bell transportation and they are the largest transportation company in the US, and maybe the world. I do a lot of bookings with their shuttle buses for conventions and golf excursions.

There are a lot of limo companies in Vegas. AWG ambassador is big with new cars, but they are a little higher priced. Executive is a good company as well, but they run some high end benz,bmw,bentleys and Rolls. LVL has an older fleet, but typically the cheapest.

Almost every limo company in town will work with you on airport pickups. I always book my clients 15-20 minutes after the plane lands. I tell customers to wait, sometimes bags get up quick, sometimes not. Depends on how far out your gate is from the carousel and how many handlers are down there.

If you come in sunday-wednesday you can expect traffic to be easy and the airport fairly fast, except when big conventions are in town. Thursday is the busiest day incoming at the airport. Traffic isn't to bad, but backups to start on Thursday, especially 6pm ish. Fri and sat the airport slows down, but most limos and taxis are on the strip. Yes there are limos at the airport, but not nearly as many.

If you are staying south strip, like mbay ,Excalibur, trop up to Balleys, ask the driver to take you to Venetian and drive down, get you a little strip tour. If you are north, ask them to take the tunnel and take a strip tour north...

Tipping. After driving for years I always disliked people who gave a $5-$10 tip. First of all the load and unload your luggage. Presidential you get a bottle of champagne, and they have to clean their own glasses. Then they always make sure you don't leave stuff in the limo, and if they give you a nice tour and don't just go from point A to B. $20 is good. Depending on the size of vehicle. If they provide service that is over and beyond, don't be afraid to tip $5 per person. If your driver, tell them that you have other moves booked and you would like to request them. You will be surprised once you keep using the same driver.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.