1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Had to share!

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Dancemom, Aug 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dancemom

Dancemom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just had to share this. I've been on a health mission for about a year and a half. As of this morning, I have lost exactly 100.4 pounds. About 2 months ago when I was at 87 lbs lost I set a short term goal to make it to 100 pounds before my trip to Vegas on August 18th. Made it ahead of schedule by 6 days. Woot!

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congratulations!!:thumbsup::thumbsup: I'd be happy if I could just lose about ~30#, but that doesn't seem to be happening.

It must have changed your entire life!

3. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's a big deal. Congrats. Give yourself a pat on the back.

4. Dancemom

Dancemom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So many things have changed for me. My self esteem and self worth have skyrocketed. And I have learned to love exercise for the first time in my life.

I expect to put on a few in Vegas and I'm ok with it. This is my once a year vacation and I know I'll be back on my plan when I get back. Still have about 42 lbs to get to my first goal when I'll decide what to set my final goal at. Might be happy there but since I haven't weighed this since about grade 11 which was 26 years ago, I have no idea where I want to be yet.

I am most excited for the flight...not having to ask for a seat belt extender for the first time. :thumbsup:

5. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wonderful job!! Experiences like yours are exactly why shows such as NBC's Biggest Loser are fun to watch :thumbsup:

6. bigdogmom

bigdogmom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, that is quite the accomplishment, Dancemom!! You should be VERY proud of yourself!

7. robert m.

robert m. High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats!

I hope that you have a great trip. You need a lot of stamina for a successful Las Vegas trip. This weight loss & exercise regimine will have you wide awake & happy when others are dragging!

8. ez369

ez369 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    way to go!!

9. 4Vegas

4Vegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congratulations! That's a great accomplishment. :beer:

10. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dance mom: that is kick ass.....

Ive been dieting and exercising like crazy and ive lost 35... i have about 80 more to go... I am overweight but far from a slob LOL

11. 21wins

21wins VIP Whale

Great Job !!!!

12. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congratulations! That is truly awesome! I hope you celebrated with lots of new clothes for your upcoming trip :).

13. cartoonp

cartoonp Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    nice one well done

14. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love it! That's a great accomplishment!

15. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You rock!! That is an amazing accomplishment :nworthy:

Enjoy your upcoming trip!!

16. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats! it is so hard to lose weight, I go to the gym 3x a week and do cardio 3x a week, go golfing (walking all 18) once a week, bowl another night (no drinking or eating after) and still can't get to lose the weight. I don't eat a lot (slow metabolism) so overeating isn't the problem. But then I'm maybe 25 lbs overweight so not as bad as others. I was another 20 lbs overweight but lost it exercising but reached my plateau the past few years. I still can't get into the workout thing though, while I go regularly I don't like it and would rather do something else.

17. Dancemom

Dancemom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since I'm not yet at a weight I want to stay at, I've replaced my whole wardrobe with stuff from Value Village, but most of it was bought with the idea of wearing it in Vegas, so I got good stuff. :)

18. klawrey

klawrey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First Dancemom that is awesome! I recently started Insanity and a nutrition plan to lose the 15-20 extra pounds and get back to the lean body I had a few years ago and your story is just one more piece of motivation!

Now sorry to kind of hi-jack the thread! But I want to try and help someone else to day and pay it forward if you will.

Makikiboy, it's all about nutrition. The old saying "Abs are made in the kitchen." I've been an athlete my entire life and never got too over weight, about 15-20 pounds tops. I tried working out and lots of cardio, still played basketball and have been playing competitive golf since I was 5 and I'm 25 now but still couldn't lose the 15-20 pounds or the inches on my waist.

Then I started focusing on my diet along with trying Insanity work outs. While I'm sure the Insanity is helping, I know it is more the diet. One week in and I'm down 1.5 inches on my waist and 2 pounds. You have to fuel the machine and you have to fuel it right.

When I started this mission I was 163 pounds and stand 5'6" and have a goal to get to 150 but more so gain a lean body shape regardless of "weight". My caloric intake to maintain weight was 2300 a day, I cut that to 1800 plus my workouts. I do 4-5 small meals a day, 300-400 calories each. Focus on protein because it keeps you feeling full longer, don't shy away from fat either as your body needs it but just in moderation and not saturated. You can eat bread and pasta but make sure its whole grain. And most of all lots and lots of water! Like at least 64 oz a day!

It takes a while to get use to the 4-5 meals and the smaller portions but once you get going and seeing results it is so worth it! Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!

19. luvstp

luvstp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dancemom:
    That is an amazing accomplishment that took sooooo much self discipline. All those looks in Vegas will be at you! :wink2:

20. Dancemom

Dancemom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you all so much. I never thought I'd get to this point, let alone still be so excited to continue this journey. The last 2 pounds I needed to get to 100 took about 10 days so I've been anticipating seeing the right number for awhile. And I still had tears in my eyes when I saw it this morning.

I am so excited to be able to walk further and faster on this trip. When I went last summer I was down about 25 lbs and felt the difference from the year before. It's gonna be a great trip!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.