1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Allegiant Flyers Question

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Sue24, Aug 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sue24

Sue24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We did not pay for assigned seats.

Wondering if others call within the 24 hr. time frame to get an assigned seat?
    Or do you wait til you get to the airport and let them assign you then?

I have never done the 24 hour phone call.

What is your advice?

Thanks!

2. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never heard of the 24 hour phone call. I don't care where I sit so I just let them assign me a seat. Although last trip I did purchase a seat right up front and might have to do that again since it is so much quicker getting off.

3. joshcox19

joshcox19 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless they changed something recently there is no way to call 24 hours ahead of time to pick a seat (without paying..)

4. k2smooth

k2smooth Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also have never heard of the 24 hour call. You could wait until you get to the airport but there is no guarantee that you can get a seat next to your travel partner. I always pay for the assigned seats when I book the flight.

5. Sue24

Sue24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is from my itinerary with Allegiant:

Seat Assignments:
    Passengers who have not purchased a seat assignment -- "Not assigned" -- will be assigned a seat by our system at no cost upon check-in. You can view your assigned seats during online check-in starting 24 hours before flight departure. Seats together cannot be guaranteed and seat assignments cannot be changed at airport check-in. If you would like to purchase reserved seats, simply log in to MyAllegiant to select seats before you check-in online or get to the airport.

So this is why I wondered if anyone does this.
    Am I mis-reading this?

6. joshcox19

joshcox19 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

Yes, looks like you are misreading it. When you check in online 24 hours in advance your seats will be automatically assigned, you don't get to pick them yourself.

Checking in online is definitely worth doing, but don't count on it getting you better seats or anything like that. If you want to sit somewhere or with someone, buying the seats is your only real option

7. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Indeed, Allegiant now allows 24-hr check-in online. However, as the previous poster stated, it does not necessarily give you a better seat.

Speaking of Allegiant, I called them this morning and was only put on hold for 2 minutes. Maybe they're getting extra customer-service reps.

8. Dogs mama

Dogs mama Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Allegiant does not allow you to check-in at the airport kiosk, sine they don't have one, I don't believe. So what i do, because of their stringent rules of being there, I have my husband or a friend check me in. Then they fax the boarding pass to the golden nugget for $1.75. This is way cheaper than paying for their business center, five bucks to log on, per minute charge and a printing charge. It works out great, but only if you have no checked luggage.
    Also, the seat assignment is done and you supposedly are stuck with that seat. When I travel alone to vegas, I never get a seat ahead of time. I wait until everyone has boarded the plane, then I get to choose, but they say you cannot change your seat once it is assigned. I say, who are you to tell me what open seat I can't take?:nono:

9. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like you can VIEW your seats, but I do not see anything about requesting anything.

10. Sue24

Sue24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, thanks.
    We'll find out at the airport when we check in, just like always.

11. goldil

goldil Tourist

I think you're mis-reading it. Unless something drastic has changed, the only way one could check in 24 hours in advance was if one purchased an assigned seat.

If you haven't purchased an assigned seat, and you're saying you haven't, you won't know until you check in at the airport what your seat is. This is how it always used to be, and I can't see Allegiant changing this to everybody can check in 24 hours in advance; it's more nickels and dimes for them if they make people purchase assigned seats in order to check in/print boarding passes 24 hours in advance.

But give it a shot. The worst that will happen is it doesn't work and you have to stand in line to get your seat assigned at the airport.

12. katie3472

katie3472 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We flew to Vegas on Allegiant in February and did not pay for seats and were able to check-in online 24 hours before the flight. We were able to view our seats then during online check-in.

We are flying Allegiant again tomorrow to Vegas and we're planning on checking in online tonight. I'll let you know if we can view our assigned seats.

13. joshcox19

joshcox19 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been flying Allegiant relatively frequently for about a year and a half ago, and about a year ago is when they started allowing you to check in online even if you don't have an assigned seat..

14. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I fly Allegiant quite a bit, 3 times so far this year. You can do your online check-in, but if you do it at the 24 hour mark, Allegiant fills it's planes from the back first. This is only if you have no carry on luggage to be stored in the over head bins. You'll be by the rear bathrooms if this is your case.

If you have paid for a carry on, then your seats are closer up front and you will board sooner and deplane quicker as well.

Allegiant pre-assigns your seats, so you can view them online and see where you are. Then you have the option to pay for a different seat if you so desire.

Checking in online saves you the long ass wait in line at the airport. Allegiant has a shorter and quick luggage drop off line (if you already have your boarding pass printed of course) at McCarran and many other larger airports.

You can not choose your seat with Allegiant unless you pay for it. Whether it be at the time of booking, or at your 24 hour check-in window online. During either process you have the option to choose a seat then and gladly pay for it!

Some of Allegiant's flights have empty seats. After the plane is all boarded, you then have the option to move wherever you like to an empty seat, or see if someone next to a friend would like to move so you can sit together.

If you are travelling with a friend, and you are not on the same itinerary, then go check in at the airport and tell the agent you would like to be seated together. 9 times outta 10 they will gladly satisfy your request.

HTH

15. goldil

goldil Tourist

I stand corrected! They must have started this shortly after the last time we flew with them. I'm shocked that Allegiant is giving something away for free!

16. joshcox19

joshcox19 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In this case it isn't about money but rather time.. They save a significant amount of time at checkin by allowing it, and it costs them nothing to have you check in online

17. Sue24

Sue24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for this info!

Maybe I will mess with this and see where we are. Doesn't really matter though as I won't pay for seats anymore. Several years ago I did, but all this nickel and dimeing from Allegiant is starting to get OLD.

Southwest will start flying direct to Vegas from Des Moines this fall. Let's hope they will get some competition going!! I'm looking forward to the drink coupons, lol!!

18. joshcox19

joshcox19 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad to see another Iowan on here.. I generally fly out of Cedar Rapids, although I actually drove to Des Moines for my Vegas trip this summer.. It's surprising to see how much the flight costs differ when I consider Cedar Rapids, Des Moines, and Moline on Allegiant

19. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We fly out of Stockton, frequently; never pay for an assigned seat,
    We check in 24 hour before timeframe, it usually gives us a seat close to each other, we just trade with people to get seated NEXT to each other..
    The old guy at the curbside check in is really nice too (at LAS), He always gives us the emergency row seats, and we gladly tip him a couple bucks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.