1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Help me decide please

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by vm00515, Aug 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vm00515

vm00515 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will only be in Vegas for 3 nights and have about 100 restaurants I want to try for dinner. I have narrowed it down a little, but need everyone's help on which final three to choose. I know there are many other restaurants that I can put on here, but I just don't have the time. So I went with the menus I liked the best. Thanks in advance.

- Craftsteak (I am the biggest Top Chef fan, so I don't see how I can't go here, plus I am staying at MGM).
    - Gordon Ramsay's Steak
    - Aureole
    - Sage
    - Julian Serrano (could always do this for lunch right?)
    - Comme Ca
    - Milos (could do this for lunch too)
    - Le Cirque
    - Picasso

2. russtcb

russtcb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Of those, the only one I've eaten at was Ramsay Steak but I can tell you that I L O V E D it!

3. ND80

ND80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Highly recommend craftsteak

4. Pattie

Pattie Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have eaten at both CraftSteak and Gordan Ramsay's. Both are really good but we prefer Craftsteak more.
    We have eaten at both Sage and Julian Serrano. Both are really good and really different from each other. Of the two I would recommend Julian Serrano because it is a Mexican restaurant and it would be a nice change to the other options you have short listed. Plus, the food is delicious!

I don't think you will go wrong with any of your choices. It is difficult to choose when there are so many decent options!

5. lmondun

lmondun Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    These are all excellent restaurants. So, I think, it comes down to how you would weight various factors in making your decision. For example, how many people will be in your party? How much food will each of you eat? Are you all / both comfortable trying dishes that feature unusual ingredients (i.e.: foodies)? How important would a wine pairing option be to the decisions?

Of your list, I would personally group them as follows:

Innovative menu options: Aureole, Sage, Comme ca

Unique twists on classic food + great service: Craftsteak, Ramsay, Le Cirque, Picasso

Unusual-in-America type of cuisine: Julian Serrano, Milos

If you are just a party of two and want to get a decent taste from each of those general categories, then, based on food alone, I would choose:

Aureole over Sage (which I think is better when you share several dishes) and Comme Ca (see next category)

Le Cirque over the others in its grouping (intimate setting, truly great service and slightly more affordable than Picasso for similarly great French food)

Serrano for out-of-the-ordinary cuisine (particularly if the the lunch option appeals to you)

Note: When we are in Vegas with a large group, we almost always go to Craftsteak, which is one of my favorite restaurants anywhere. But I just find it more enjoyable when you get several dishes there served family style, with plenty of their amazing sides. We can never seem to make their protein-and-carb-heavy menu work when it's just me and my light-eating GF.

6. vm00515

vm00515 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great advice, lmondun. It will be just myself and my gf. I am a major foodie, she is not, but is always game for whatever I order or want to eat. What restaurant(s) would you put in this group that are more north Strip? Nothing on my list is north of Bellagio.

7. lmondun

lmondun Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wynn and Venetian / Pilazzo have lots of great fine dining. Sinatra for Italian classics or Table 10 for a sampling of Emeril Lagasse's food are among our faves. And, if it is open by the time you visit, then Tom Colicchio's new Heritage Steak at Mirage would be a good bet, given your interest in his food.

http://www.mirage.com/restaurants/heritage.aspx

8. VegasKing

VegasKing High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Highly recommend craftsteak as well. Would be interesting to see the new Heritage Steak. Milos for the lunch special. Comme Ca has a great happy hour special as well, so you can maybe go by there before dinner to grab drinks and appetizers.

9. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm personally a huge fan of Picasso. I've eaten there solo on several occasions, and the food and service are both top-notch. Of course, I'm also a huge Bellagio fountain junkie, which possibly influences my thinking, but I honestly try to go back there whenever I'm in town even though I wind up dropping about $250 on every trip.

10. luvstp

luvstp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am a HUGE fan of Serrano's....and it is definitely NOT Mexican food. You can order lots of small plates (tapas restaurants) and share. We eat there once or even twice on every trip to Aria--usually for lunch, but once in a while for dinner too.

11. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Serrano's is wonderful. Make sure to order the scallops and the sliders.

I echo some other sentiments on Craft. I really like it, but I like it better for a group than for two people just based on the layout of the restaurant and how they serve their sides.

12. JerryVO

JerryVO Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Between craft steak and Ramsay I would definitely go to ramsays. Craft was good but nothing set it apart from any other high end steakhouse. Ramsay was beyond exceptional. Next time I am in Vegas I will revisit Ramsay's but I do not see myself ever going back to craft with all of the other places I want to try.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.