1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Las Vegas Golf in November 2013—Help needed please...

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by guapoxxx, Aug 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good Afternoon All,

I will be traveling to Las Vegas in November and will golf 2-4 rounds during my stay. This trip, I’m including Wolf at LV Paiute GC as I love it there; However, I’d like to explore my options and not play the same courses over and over again e.g. Rio Secco, Cascata, TPC Las Vegas, Angel Park, Bali Hai, and Royal Links.

Can anyone make suggestions on other good spots I should look into golfing this trip? I’d like to try Shadow Creek but don’t want to spend the coin on a $700 round (greens fees, caddy, limo tips, etc.). I’ll have a rental car but I don’t want to drive to Mesquite or Primm-- I will if highly recommended.

I appreciate your help in advance!

Thanks,
    Charlie

Annual Golf Trip
  2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Paging Ken2V, Paging Ken2v:evillaugh

3. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Charlie, I'd consider driving a bit, particularly if you haven't played Coyote Springs (west of Moapa, about 50 minutes north of Vegas) and Mesquite has two great courses, Conestoga and Wolf Creek. I'm gaga over LV Paiute and have been for years, but Coyote Springs is the equal of any of the three at Paiute. Wolf Creek has absolutely insufferable "service," so keep that in mind in relation to it's all-world layout. The two Primm courses are part of the upper echelon, too.

4. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Ken!

If you could only play 1 Mesquite course and 1 Primm course, which ones would you choose?

I think I'll golf both of your recommendations :beer:

Annual Golf Trip
  5. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd play Conestoga in Mesquite. It's really tough dealing with those a-holes over at Wolf Creek.

Desert and Lakes are somewhat interchangeable inside the margins, though Desert gets a tick in yardage and rating. Since you're going to get a good taste -- and have in the past -- of desert golf on this excursion, go for Shadow-Lite Lakes.

6. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ken-- I appreciate your help (and you too Joe)!

Will book Coyote Springs, Conestoga and Lakes... AND Wolf (my personal fav).

Annual Golf Trip
  7. dooner

dooner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can not go wrong with these four - Ken has nailed it - I go every year, and ALWAYS play Coyote Springs. Really like the track at Conestoga (two very different nines), and Wolf is great (when not too windy). As far as Primm goes - it is a toss up - I think both courses have their merits - can't choose between the two - I think the Desert course has a few more interesting holes, however, the pretty factor is on the Lakes side.

You have done well - fine choices (now, if you are heading down to Laughlin...........)

8. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    doon, when'd you last play Laughlin Ranch? Gotta be 3 years for me. Great layout if not a way overambitious project overall.

9. Malibugolfer

Malibugolfer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I totally agree with the recommendations you've received.
    Depending on your dates you may run into some places just coming out of overseed and cart path only, but you will be playing some good tracks.
    I happen to love Cascata, but more for its greens than shot values. They are fantastic and service is first class. Spendy if you're paying though.

10. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can be spendy when it is "free," too. lol

I think you've summed up Cascata perfectly. It's an experience as much as golf (which is where Wynn fails the test and do NOT get me going on Bali Hype).

11. dooner

dooner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Played it in December 2012 - first person out in the morning (solo) - before that it was 4 years ago.

It was in fantastic shape (especially for December) with great service - played really well (which helps the evaluation - LOL!!). With perfect weather (no wind) and fast playing - cruised around in about 2 hours 15 minutes (18 holes) and a 73 in the mix.

My first two times playing was in a wind and I felt that the course was eating me up - with some dry spots and unlucky bounces, I did not have as much love for the course - thought it was too tough for most golfers - not a resort course for sure - however, they have tamed it over the past few years and it seemed to be busier (along with a reduction in price).

12. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What is the deal with Bali Hai?
    There never is a discount. And it looks like a muni course from the air and from the roads.
    Why do people play big bucks to play there?

13. Nevada Kid

Nevada Kid VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Location, location, location?!?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.