1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

True Story Hope all you poker players like

Discussion in 'The Poker Room' started by cartoonp, Aug 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cartoonp

cartoonp Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was playing in A no limit tournament there where not that many players just two tables. The tournament started and all I kept hearing was that not the way to play with that hand you should have folded or you should have raised this went on for about 40 minutes. The two tables went down to one and I was still in the the big mouth moved over to the Final table. He sat next to me I did not speak just played my hand's . Then it started saying that not the way you should have done this or that (not to me but to the other players). People that know me now that I do not lose my temper very often :evillaugh but when I do Take cover :haha: I turned to him and said will you just keep your big mouth shut all the players on here have payed there own money to play not yours. so if they want to play a cr*p hand then they play it if they want to go all in every single hand then it there money. I stood up I am 6 feet 2 . I said so if you do not to want to be drinking out a straw for the next year keep your mouth and options to yourself I then sat down and every one else clapped :beer: . He went out 6 I went out 3 . I think that no one should tell some one else how to play cards Ok so people will lose or even get lucky some times but it there money .

2. ex507

ex507 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Even if i do not play poker i can imagine just exactly what kind of guy this stupid was. I hate those people. Maybe he thought everybody else was having a lesson how to play this game.... Damn those people....!!

3. VegasBaby!

VegasBaby! Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kudos to you for shutting this guy up! It seems there is too often some schmuck at the table who thinks he knows better than everyone else. Whether he does or not, it is the player's cards and that player can do with them what they please. Everyone else at that table probably wanted to buy you a drink too!

4. skinny malinky

skinny malinky Low-Roller

Yeah, I definitely hate those kinds of players, especially when I'm trying to have fun in Vegas. And if I think someone else is playing hands "wrong", I'm certainly not going to try to make them play better. I'm going to try to take their money.

But I'm 5'6", so my attempts at intimidation aren't as successful as yours.

5. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That player's behavior was offensive, but these days in hold'em poker, judging from the antics one sees at the WSOP, people could reasonably claim crap like that is par for the course. It is worse in a tournament because you can't just leave.

I would also normally find it offensive if someone made a physical threat, but you would have had my thanks if I were at that table. He had it coming.

6. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly why I don't play in Vegas. Too many fools that watch a bit of play on ESpN and think they are pros and need to tell everyone about it.

7. burdog

burdog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Reminds me of the WSOP Main Event when Helmuth called some guy an idiot x3 and the guy finally fed up said "OK, but I'm an idiot with your chips!" Fortunately I have only run into this a couple of times and only when I've knocked someone out with a small pocket pair to their 2 overs. Best opposite of this situation was @ the "M" where after calling a raise put me all in with pocket 10's. My opponent had AQ and I told him he was in good shape cause I don't have much luck on races. Flop showed an A and we just nodded to each other. The river came a 10 and my trips won. He looked at me and said "I don't mind you were ahead at the start." Just don't see that kind of class too much anymore.

8. cartoonp

cartoonp Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Similar thing happened to me I was playing Harrah's $80.00 I had A H 7 D came round to me after a raise + raise Fold Fold then me I accidenty turn one of my cards over when I folded the bloke who was on my left said nice play tight fold.

9. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good players know to keep their mouth shut and keep raking in chips from the fish. I hate it when people do this in cash games. Unless you're Phil Helmuth, its a pretty blatant tell about your game.

10. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I say 'nice hand' no matter what hand beats me. I once had a guy go all in with Q3 offsuit against my pocket nines. He won. "Nice Hand." And it was a nice hand. Best hand always wins. Best hand after 7 are dealt, that is.

11. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Reason number 34,177 why I don't play cards.

12. vegasnut

vegasnut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In poker evryone is entitled to their own opinion
    But poker remains a lucky game( with some skill thats why the pro s mostly in longer tournaments reach more the final tables)
    And yeah u can play tight u can play agressive and u can bully
    But there is always pokeretiquette
    Physically threatening somebody is totally wrong no matter what ass that guy was...stand above it and win his chips that makes him shut up
    And yeah some pokerplayers are asses......
    And yeah sometimes it boiles also inside when im beat by incredible luck when the other player never should have called but thats part of the game....
    Most of the time its fun though and a social game,most of the time i had fun and friendly and good people with pokeretiquette and yeah sometimes u have some peeps who are not, keep cool and just be smart and when the times is right take their chips:thumbsup:

13. booker

booker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of the sweetest feelings I get at a poker table is when the "know it all" gets felted by one of the guys he's been ragging on.

Once at a Mirage tournament I sat next to a guy from a former Soviet Block country who must not have bathed in a month. Nice clothes, but STINKY! He was sarcastic and critical of everyone's play. When this jerk re-raised All-In a sweet, 80-something older man with pocket tens, the old man reluctantly called with a A-Q, then promptly hit an A on the flop.

The table cheered! The old man beamed. Mr. Stinky said we all didn't know how to play. The young, good play in the middle of the table said, "You're right. Now get the F*** away and gives us breathing room."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.