1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Do all the games seem "tighter"

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Snotick, Aug 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snotick

Snotick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've only been playing for a month or so. But, it seems the last week, things have gotten much tighter. Everything from the daily spin, to the bonus rounds for each game, to the games themselves just don't seem to be paying off.

Both my wife and I have an account (I do 100% of the playing on both). It seems like no matter what game or bet amount, I am spending my daily chip rewards much quicker than before.

Maybe it's a plot to get me to buy chips (not gonna happen)

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I played slots more so than usual this past week at the Hard Rock trying to take advantage of their 10X points promo... and got KILLED... pretty expensive points on my card.

3. 16gauge

16gauge Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In general, The games seem to be paying out much less than in the past. We generally play Excal at 1500/spin. Most of the bonus wins used to be 9000 - 60,000 coins. Now most are 3000-4500. I have not seen a win above 15,000 for weeks.

Also, I have noticed that whenever there is some sort of side game chip thing going on, the games seem to be even tighter. Both my and my wifes account had over 100,000 coins the other day. Put both on 200 auto-spins and they both ran out of coins in about 15 minutes without a single bonus interrupting the auto spin on either.

4. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tend to agree

I often went 4-5 spins in a row without any wins but now its 10-12 spins in row.

I count my return % and really often i get below 25% while playing 25 spins

5. Warmgingerale

Warmgingerale Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been getting the lowest daily spin possible all week. Starting to get frustrating. Feels like real gambling ha

6. zlanga

zlanga High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Playing lucky birds this morning went 96 spins before hatching any chicks. That may not be a record, but it should be.
    Also, for the first time since I started playing 5 months ago, neither the wife nor myself has gotten any daily chips via email or feed (and no, it's not in the spam folder). This game, which has been gradually going downhill, has taken a few huge nosedives in the past month (2000 LP limit, across the board tightening of the games, etc). I had 950k chips a week ago, playing in the past week, I dropped as low as 187. Not 187k mind you, but 187 chips.
    And yes, getting more and more LPs from hotels when you are out of chips seems to be the norm too now-a-days. I used to be happy to get the LPs, now I want chips dammit!

USBC Nationals
  7. zlanga

zlanga High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And yes, I know its a free game, and I have taken good advantage of the rewards, but it's still disappointing to see it fading into the sunset.
    :cry:

USBC Nationals
  8. 16gauge

16gauge Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

I agree. I believe this got bigger then they ever expected and are losing their *ss on it. They have been chipping away for months now. First, the multi room and suite offers disappeared, then the multi-person show tickets were gone, price increase creep, tighter games, viva myvegas scans gone, resort fees now being charged, amount of rewards used limited, and level-up LP's being significantly reduced (wife and I had been getting 1000 LPs at level up since @ level 40, I have a friend who started late and is at level 80 and only gets 500 per level).

I predict that this will continue to get worse and worse and will be wrapped up in less than six months. I suggest you book any rooms now for upcoming trips before they are gone (or not worth the price anymore) and get your other rewards as soon as you hit your 90 day window. I have flights and myVegas rooms booked for January, hoping the rest of the stuff still is here three months from now when we we will be in the time window for them.

9. Warmgingerale

Warmgingerale Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just started a month ago so this just seems depressing.:cry:
    Wish I would have found out about it earlier. Oh well. Glad I didn't spend a dime on it.

10. zlanga

zlanga High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, for those folks who actually buy chips, this has to really stink... You called it there!

USBC Nationals
  11. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I feel dumb... thought we were talkin' real stuff, not the game... duh

12. donfairplay

donfairplay VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    95% of the time I play blackjack (recently playing with all 3 hands), and I haven't seen any tightness. Sometimes I gain a little, sometimes lose a little, and I have seen some rather large swings when betting 10k chips.

I cycle through an awful lot of XP's when playing large chips on 3 handed blackjack. I realize I should probably be playing 400 chips 3 handed to maximize my LP's, but if I 600k in chips its more fun to bet 10k.

The slot games are nice, but honestly I think that dolphin jump bonus game in the Mirage game is a friggin' conspiracy cause I have never made it to the end.

13. g8rb8k8

g8rb8k8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The slot games are nice, but honestly I think that dolphin jump bonus game in the Mirage game is a friggin' conspiracy cause I have never made it to the end.

lol....i cracked up on that one, but i sure know what you mean. you see a 2...of course you say "higher" and the 1 appears...i know it all so well. :cry:

i think they have been doing a lot of "tweaking" so as to keep the game running, and i hope it does, if not ..... it was good while it lasted :)

14. calpsy

calpsy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got a great run tonight . Always play excel 2 @ 3000 per spin . Been on a dry run lately . Well started with 10900 chips and started winning 1st hand . Ended up putting through just under 3 million chips and still had 400k to play tomorrow . :faint:

15. MrSandsman

MrSandsman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I went 100 spins on Excal 2 without hitting any bonuses at all.:cry:

I find I am hitting less wins per spin but in the rare cases that I do hit I am still getting some pretty big jackpots.

16. imderekpoe

imderekpoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always find it amusing that when people get on a bad run its because they're tweaking the game, tightening the odds, or whatever.

How come nobody ever thinks they're loosening things up when they go through a period when they're winning a lot??

17. MisplacedTexan

MisplacedTexan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same for me, too. Low free spin bonuses (although I did get one 12,500 bonus last week), low in-game bonuses. I'm hoping they're tightening things down before they loosen things up when they come out with the new game.

I don't pay to play, and I've usually got the game running while I'm watching Fringe episodes or something else, so no harm, no foul.

18. jughead1963

jughead1963 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The machines have loosen up about 1 hour ago. I fact they seem super loose. Good Luck all:beer:

19. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excal 2 ate up 500k last night for me. Drunk + 15k a spin = not good.

20. kboltwkreations

kboltwkreations Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excalibur 2 seems to be paying the best for me too at the 3000 per spin level. Any other spin value is not paying me as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.