1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Am I degenerate Gambler Now???

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by fireguye8, Aug 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fireguye8

fireguye8 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I am going to Vegas this coming weekend (Aug 9-11) with my wife and some friends. All of whom are non gamblers but don't seem to mind using my comp nights, etc. I really do not mind. What I do mind is that I never get to play the way or as much as I like when I take the wife/friends.

So I had a few days clear out on my schedule this week and just booked a ticket for me leaving tomorrow and coming back Tuesday (Aug 4-6). The flight is only an hour.

Has anyone else done something this crazy. My wife thinks I am losing my mind. I figure after taking the solo trip I will be much more inclined to just relax and chill with the wife and friends.

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    not crazy but you really just need to learn how to balance the trips with the wife so you can have your gambling time and she can have her time also.

Also I've gone back to back weekends and you just need to make sure you don't blow your br this trip so you have something left next weekend.

3. fireguye8

fireguye8 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great advice but the wife is not a gambler at all. That may have sounded a little harsh in the post above. We just have different ideas on what a Vegas trip should be.

I actually am only taking 70% of my normal bank roll so I still can get in a little gaming the following weekend, but I agree BR management this trip will be paramount.

4. topcard

topcard Here's to $10 3:2 two-deck, $5 Craps, and $5 UTH!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you a degenerate gambler? Of course you are - you're here, aren't you? :poke: :evillaugh

As for your plan? Yes - I've done short 1 or 2 night solo-trips at the last minute...many times - not for the same reason as you, but still...

If it's any consolation, my wife thinks I'm crazy as well.
    Oh well...
    :beer:

Annual Spring Trip!
  5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here is what we do when friends get into the mix. We book 6 days. They come out the first three, and we let them find their own way to the airport.

Good night Irene!

6. hundth

hundth Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :beer:YES!:beer:

7. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh i totally get it. My wife is not a gambler at all either. Not in the least bit. If I gave her some chips to play with she'd cash them in and go shopping. But she gives me my table time and I give her breakfasts and dinners and other time if you know what I mean and it works out for everyone.

8. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I understand what you are doing. Are you a degenerate gambler? Yes, you are. Congratulations! Have a great time and good luck on your solo trip. And on your second trip, relax and enjoy some precious and memorable times with your wife and friends!

Way to go!:thumbsup:

9. CCaroleann

CCaroleann Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey, I resemble that remark :cry:

CC

10. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flying from the East Coast, back to back weekends is pretty much impossible.
    So if my wife is along she gets it.
    She does not really gamble except for bartop vp and a little slots.
    She knows the comps come from hours at the tables so I don't have to explain my playing time.
    I'm up early and sometimes get a couple hours in before breakfast.
    We go to the pool or whatever else during the day.I may get some playing time late afternoon and always before dinner.
    We catch a nice dinner, drinks and maybe a show every evening.
    Sometimes late night play but I always get my 4+hours in.

11. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Yeah that's pretty degenerate. Kudos sir! :beer:

12. fireguye8

fireguye8 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since I am flying solo on this one I am going to attempt to do a live trip report. When I get to the airport I will kick it off.

13. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, what's bad about being a degenerate? :)

I've been to Vegas few times with "friends" who weren't that much into gambling either, which has sometimes decayed into the trip from hell. I remember a few years ago when a "friend" was totally clueless about BJ (despite my attempts to educate him in advance) and kept asking me what to do. While I don't mind helping someone who sincerely wants to know if they should hit, stand, or whatever, I don't need someone asking repeatedly what to do with a hard 17, hearing my answer, and then arguing, "But I could get a 4!"

For our annual Halloween trip, I've arranged to go out for a few days before Ms. Gecko is able to get there, for the same reason I usually go to Vegas … because I can. However the gap between last month's trip and late October proved unbearable, so last week I booked a short (5-night) solo trip for the second week in Sept. Crazy? I hope so!

14. topcard

topcard Here's to $10 3:2 two-deck, $5 Craps, and $5 UTH!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Turtle... along those lines, my youngest brother drives me crazy when we're out there at the same time...we'll be playing blackjack, and he will sometimes ask me what the correct play is for his hand...almost always (and I mean like 90% of the time!) he does NOT make the correct play, citing the infamous 'gut-feeling' strategy of blackjack.
    I once asked him why he bothers with checking with me if he's gonna make the incorrect play anyway... his answer?
    "I just like to know if my gut-feeling is the correct play."
    Drives me crazy...especially when he wins the hand and says to me "See? THAT'S how you make money in Vegas!" :grrr:

Annual Spring Trip!
  15. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why not fly out a day or so earlier instead of a separate trip as I think it would save money overall.

Is there no chance in waking up extra early or going to bed a bit later to get some extra gambling in?

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.