1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Couple of questions about Boyd comps

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Tubbs, Aug 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tubbs

Tubbs High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1. Can offers be used back-to-back at the same property or sister properties? I have offers valid until end August, then Sep-Oct. Could I book Gold Coast for 31 August on one offer, then 1-2 September on another? What about Gold Coast for 31st, then Orleans for 1-2 September?

2. Does Sapphire level with Boyd have any real advantages? I see 2x points but the direct comp return is not great for VP players at 0.1% (or 0.167% if used at restaurants). Is there anything else of value? Any line cutting privileges?

Thanks.

2. Lolly

Lolly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know this first hand but in July my friend stayed
    July 19, 20 & 21 - MSS - Slot Tournament
    July 22 & 23 - Sams Town - Gold card offer.

To my knowledge the cb % is the only advantage besides checking into VIP which I witnessed myself at Sam's Town.

I'm unsure of the line pass but I don't think I've ever seen a line at Boyd besides the coffee shop at Orleans and Buffet there! But that just goes to show you how little I've been to Boyd.

My friend keeps trying to sell Boyd to me is the only reason I know this much!

Best Regards,
    Lolly

3. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Line cutting......just go by a pit area and ask for the privilege by handing your card over...neverbeen a problemif u play any at al.l. As far as back to back it will say on the offer but between properties is ok as far as I know.. the points with on-site purchases are 600 to the dollar value. You get one point for one dollar in on ruby level. Table games has a formula I am sure. You can convert points to use on machines at 1000 per dollar to play. Hope that helps

4. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe they've changed their policy, but we've only be able to use offers issued in the same name for the same property after 72 hours has elapsed. I thought that used to be mentioned in the fine print, but don't see it now. A few years ago we succeeded in booking on-line back-to-back offers at the Cal similarly to what you described, and we were very surprised to find a message on our answer machine a few days later asking us to call them about our reservation. Essentially, they said we couldn't do that, even though the reservation system let us. Fortunately, we've never had any problems booking back-to-back offers in the same name at different Boyd/Coast properties. It would sure be a bummer if that ever changes!

The differences between card levels may be found at www.bconnectedonline.com/my-tier-benefits We have received 3 free nights at any Boyd/Coast Vegas property, including weekends, on our Sapphire card anniversaries. That's always welcome.

5. Tubbs

Tubbs High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replies. The 72 hour thing at the same property sounds familiar from previous posts.

Seems like Sapphire level is nothing special. No red carpet treatment! :beer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.