1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Can we both get comp rooms for the same night at Orleans and/or Fremont?

Discussion in 'Off-Strip Hotels' started by elbee309, Jul 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elbee309

elbee309 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is this okay - both of us booking a comped room for the same night? My husband & I both have free nights at Orleans and Fremont. We would like to take our daughter & son-in-law letting them stay in extra rooms. As they are Vegas Virgins, they want to stay at the same place we are staying

2. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't speak specifically about the Fremont or Orleans but my husband and I each booked separate rooms on comps for a stay at the Golden Gate since there were four of us staying and we wanted the space. We reserved the room ahead of time, each using our own player's card. Since you each earned the comp, it shouldn't be a problem. The only one to even realize you're married and getting 2 rooms would be the desk clerk and they couldn't care less.

3. mjamesp

mjamesp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In the small print on my offer from Boyd contains, "One room per household, per visit". Who knows if their systems are good enough to flag two reservations.

4. elbee309

elbee309 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I saw that and that's why I'm concerned. I have already made the reservations which both say "amount $0" so don't want to get there and then find out we have to pay.

5. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope I understand this correctly. While the "fine print" can be a bit disconcerting, Ms. Gecko and I often use separate offers at Boyd/Coast properties back to back. We almost always book on-line; and assuming we're together when checking in, tell them about our back to back offers right up front. That way we get to stay in the same room, don't have to register again, check out only once, and any food credits are good for the duration of our stay. Zero problems! I doubt you'd encounter any difficulties booking two rooms for the same date under separate offers.

6. JAMES WILSON

JAMES WILSON Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    comps

my girl friend and I both get comps and sometimes we both use them one for us and we get a room some times for a friend or family member do it all the time I make mind and she makes hers thous two rooms

7. elbee309

elbee309 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have often done the back-to-back offers with no problem but this time we want to book both rooms for the same nights so we can take our daughter & son-in-law. After about 20 trips to Vegas, we feel it's about time we let our kids in on the fun!

8. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gotta ya. We've also done exactly what you plan on doing at a couple different places; that is, getting another room for a friend under another offer. No problems.

9. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

just wondering, are your player's cards tied together? It sounds like you have separate cards, not one combined card where you both combine all your points on one account. I think you are more likely to get multiple offers if you have separate cards. sorry I'm mostly solo so not sure with the couples thing but I was wondering if I combined cards with my GF if we would stil get separate offers.

10. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, our cards are not linked. We have the same address, different last names, and aren't married (been there – done that), and don't think we could have our cards linked even if we wanted it that way. Strange thing though, we did have linked cards at the old Stardust, RIP. (Some places only link married couples.)

Opinions on linking or not vary, as with most subjects, but we believe we're much better off having separate cards anyway. We each get our own offers, sometimes different and sometimes the same, but I doubt that comps from linked cards would equal the total comps we currently get. Interestingly, when "begging" for a meal, sometimes the comp is made out to either one of us and sometimes we each get one. If there's any rhyme or reason, I don't know what it is.

11. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

thanks for the info TM. For some, I think they don't gamble enough and so combine their play into one card. my brother and his wife have separate cards and get multiple offers like you. not sure if elbee also has separate cards. but then I am not sure if a couple who has a combined card can use multiple offers at the same time.

12. elbee309

elbee309 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, our cards are not linked and that seems to work well for us. We are relatively low rollers and are happy with whatever we get. We are going on the assumption that since they issued the reservations to us with confirmations for 2 rooms for 2 nights each for the same dates, we're good to go. If not, we'll deal with it when we get there.

13. HAWJOHN

HAWJOHN Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do not think it is permissable. With separate last names, I would think there would be a better chance on not getting caught. They probably would not say anything.

Concerning linked accounts, we are married and have our accounts linked at MSS. We both receive separate offers. We only visit three times a year and we most likely would not achieve Emerald status. We have not tried booking separate rooms, but there hasn't been any problem with back to back offers.

We both receive separate free play offers and separate invitations to their tournaments.

14. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks for the info john. Interesting that you both get separate offers, I think it's because you both have separate account numbers, although they are tied together. IMHO if you both only had one account number for the two of you then more likely you both would get only one set of offers, but I am not 100% certain because most people have separate accounts.

Ha ha, just spoke with my brother and wife, she was getting free night offers at some places (gold coast) but my brother wasn't, but last month they both got the same offer (reduced rate rooms, not free rooms) so guess her play (or non play) caught up with her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.