1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

SW best fare from the East is from BWI

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Bernie2, Jul 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bernie2

Bernie2 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SW announced a sale today and the best fare seemed to me from the East was BWI $153. Is this a great price time will tell.

2. sandy1809

sandy1809 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just an FYI .... Because of the sale announcement I happened to check my flights for Nov., that I booked last Friday ... Price had gone done $10 round trip. New total DTW / LAS $283 round trip.

3. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $153 to Midway is a good price but I wouldn't call it great. I have made 19 trips to LV from NH and my lowest was in 1997 for $217. My highest was $367. those are roundtrip NH to LV and back. Last year I booked in feb for $225. Most have been abut $150 from NH to LV. Of course, time of year days and time of flights are all factors too.

So far this year my feb trade show would cost me just under $1200/RT. It is still a long time away but jeepers it's scary. If it says that way , there will be no trip or my trip may not be on SWA.

Jimbo338

4. etm117

etm117 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A lot of times it is since BWI is Southwest's east coast hub. It is my home airport and I have $98 one way going out in October and $156 coming back. I'm hoping the return drops to $98 too :)

5. Kimber

Kimber Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to take a look at this for Sept. I want to fly out of Dulles, but it's $1300+ nonstop. I kind of dread the drive to/from Balt though, plus having to be there so early in the morning!

6. Bernie2

Bernie2 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How about the train there is a stop @ BWI.

7. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i got it for 98 bucks about 1.5 months ago.... :)

yes 98 bucks one way... 198 total round trip... not even worth using my points :)

8. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm still doing my happy dance :banana: I booked last week from BDL (Windsor CT) $101 each way nonstop for the week of Halloween. I haven't seen that kind of price since 911.

9. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is a hell of a good deal..... I wasnt even planning on going this month until i saw how cheap the prices were.... it was to hard to pass up :)

10. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  11. etm117

etm117 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A quote from that article:
    Now I am a Southwest fan, but man that is such a load of crap. I work in technology for a very large company everyone here has heard of. When your company plans a big marketing campaign (read $$$) behind a big sale you verify it works before it goes live to the public. And then 30 seconds after it is live, your marketing people will verify it because they don't trust the technology people to do anything right. And they yell very, VERY loudly to your VP/CTO if it is broken and then you get to work nonstop until you fix it. Yet somehow in SW's case they couldn't fix it at all during the sale?!? Yea right!

Oh wow, you found the return for $98 too! Cheers to your good luck. :beer:

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.