1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Popping my Vegas Cherry!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by IrishPrincess, Jul 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IrishPrincess

IrishPrincess Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello from Belfast, Northern Ireland.

Heading to Vegas for 10 days between 8-18th December with my very patient boyfriend. Booked during a spontaneous visit to a travel agent with pretty much no prior thought.

Started off by staying at Circus Circus but after a little bit of research we've moved to NYNY.

Will be scouring the boards for tips and thoughts on different places that will help make our trip more memorable. Will be catching a Wranglers game (both ice hockey fans) doing Grand Canyon trip. What makes it more special is that between us we've lost 196lbs and counting so the trip was a reward for that and by all accounts some of th restaurants look amazing!

Anyway thanks in advance for any help etc

:wave:

2. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the board and congrats on the trip & weight loss!! Good for you both. :) Post any specific questions you might have and you'll receive great info or suggestions from the knowledgeable vets on here. Hope you have a great trip!!

3. Gino

Gino "The King of Inappropriate."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome. Any and all Vegas questions will be answered here. Congrats on the weight loss..I have lost half a small person since last October and my November trip is my reward.

4. DBear

DBear VIP Bear

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hullo and welcome! Great decision to switch from CC to NYNY. Much better location at NYNY.

5. aliasyoshi

aliasyoshi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome! Any hockey fan is a friend of mine. :thumbsup: :beer:

6. Grocery411

Grocery411 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Veranda in the Four Seasons for Breakfast

Love Hockey and played it for years in Alaska, reside in Vegas now! Here is a great little secret. If you want a nice breakfast, in Mandalay Bay visit the Four Seasons part of the MB hotel, breakfast, lunch and brunch cafe called the Veranda.

And be seated outdoors, they are all shaded. Its next to the pool at the Four Seasons (which is inside Mandalay Bay) but its a step above it all! About $20 or less per plate but trust me, memorable meal and setting.

It is classy without being stuffy, know what I mean, and dress is pool side summer casual.

I think you will like it,
    if you and boyfreind wake up
    in time for breakfast that is... :nono:

Enjoy!
    Bill :)

7. Akghost92

Akghost92 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go Aces!

8. Beach Crazy

Beach Crazy Hostess With the Mostess

WElcome to the board Princess. First trip to Vegas, now that is exciting. Congrats on the awesome weight loss! Look around the board a bit for answers to some of your questions. There is so much info here it will make your head hurt. :haha: Excellent choice on changing hotels, you will be happy you did. Good luck on the trip. :thumbsup:

9. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome.
    NYNY is great as it provides plenty of options for eating and its location is not bad.

10. IrishPrincess

IrishPrincess Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had the pleasure of chatting to some of the Vegas Guns and Hoses ice hockey team who were here for the World Police & Fire Games (I think the people of Belfast have now adopted them as their own)

Am working my way through many threads and finding great pieces of information that are helping with the planning of everything.

Thank you all for the warm welcome :)

11. gotavegasjones

gotavegasjones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the board. Congrats on the weight loss. Have a great December trip.

later, GVJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.