1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Slots MGM "Switch or Stay" Slot Tournament

Discussion in 'Slots' started by DeMoN2318, Jul 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Who else got invited to this slot tournament? Anyone going?

Its $500 entry fee, capped at 250 players, you get 3 nights in a "NEW Grand Room", and the minimum you can win is $250 freeplay, 1st place is $75k cash.

I have never participated in a slot tournament...but from what I have read this seems to be one of the better tournaments since you get nearly your entire entry fee back in comps and winnings...

I was planning a trip late August early Sept so this falls right into my timeframe...

Any advice or thoughts on slot tournaments...

2. garyz100

garyz100 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    what are the dates?

3. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aug 22-24

4. Boogaloo

Boogaloo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got an invite in the mail last week.

Not going just because I've alread got a trip planned in early August. If I had known about it earlier, I might have considered it just for the novelty, since I've never taken part in one before.

5. CaliMike

CaliMike “My home away from home”

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I received that offer also. I am thinking about going, have been checking airfare. But worse case scenario I'll just make the 5 hour drive form Cali if I decide to go.

6. jwhdds

jwhdds Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would like to know also what fellow members think of this particular tournament. I have done a couple of slot tournaments, but not with this much of a prize pool and guaranteed payout due to limiting the number of participants. Thanks.

7. bbcitrus

bbcitrus Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anybody else going to this tournament or know any other information? Also, if there is less than the 250 player max, will they decrease the prizes?

8. Chrisnewton

Chrisnewton High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How does a slot tournament work?

9. eloisegirl

eloisegirl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My friend just participated in the Blossoming Fortunes Tournament at Mandalay Bay. How it worked: she was invited to partake. Thurs night was sign up and she was given a badge, VIP bracelets (for herself and guest for finale dinner), and a loot bag (sake set with bottle of sake). She selected her times of play, so for the next two days she played at twelve and three. You draw your machine number and go to your assigned machine, a 3 reeler. When the bell goes off, you hit the bet button as fast as you can for 15 mins, and they take your best three of four scores. At the dinner, they announce the top prizes and your freeplay is added to your account by the time dinner is done. Friend won $250, the bare minimum. We had a guy come sit with us at dinner cuz we look friendly (and we totally are!), and it turns out he won the $50,000 freeplay. Could not have happened to a nicer guy. Hope this answers your question, Christnewton! :)

10. Chrisnewton

Chrisnewton High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It does thank you

11. bbcitrus

bbcitrus Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Eloise!

12. VegasKing

VegasKing High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I received the invite, and I am on the wait list. Apparently it is filled up.

13. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I called two weeks ago to sign up. They said they would send my information to the Tournament Committee. I’m guessing they wait until the last minute and pick the top 250 highest rollers to play.

They said I still get the 3 nights even if I don’t get accepted into the Tournament...

14. clubsoda

clubsoda Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I called about a week ago and booked this. I haven't heard either way about whether I'm in or wait-listed. Not too concerned though. I'll be happy with just the room if I don't get into the tourney.

15. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    they have these kinds of tournaments all the time. the really big ones are a $5k entry fee with only 100 participants and a $500k cash first prize. but I refuse to ever play in one of these tourneys that's not comped.

16. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $5k buy in!! thats crazy!

My thought is, Slots are all luck...so no one can be "better" than me and beat me.

17. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well I got 164th place out of the 250. I was in the $250FP group and missed out on the $500 FP group by <400 points. If we would have switched left instead of right I would have got an additional 1900 points.

I ended with 27,771 points...the first round really hurt me

1st place had just over 43k points.

I have all the results and just need to type them out and do the statistics

It was a fun experience and I am glad I did it

18. Llew

Llew Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a good time. Did you turn the free play into anything worthwhile? The only part I don't like about slot tourneys is start times of 10am.

19. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    turned $250FP into $190 cash on $2 Top Dollar

20. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How does slot tournament work?

Guessing I have seen at least a dozen different ways. You are assigned a time (or times) to play. You get to play for 3 or 5 or 10 minutes and they write down your score. You do not run out of money, but instead run out of time to play.

Then top score for session, or overall, or for day or whatever wins. They sometimes do elimination rounds, extra rounds, etc. Any of these things can change. Bottom line. You hit the bottom and hope for a high score.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.