1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Buffet of Buffets Questions

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by LV_Bound, Jul 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1 - Does the clock start once you redeem the coupon at the Total Rewards Center or at your first entry to a buffet?

2 - Anyone figure out the best way to maximize the 24 hour visit like to start is mid lunch so that you finish off with the start of lunch the next day?

3 - What is the extra cost per person to get into Caesar's Bacchanal Buffet?
    3a - Is the extra cost per visit?

4 - I can go in/out of any buffet at any time and multiple times within 24 hours?

5 - We plan to hit up all BUT the Rio buffet so this is my question.
    From the following list, which should be the breakfast buffet, the lunch/dinner buffet and the dessert buffet? Keep in mind we will be happy to visit 2 different places for each meal to maximize our taste bud experience.
    Caesars (if the cost isn't too much)
    Flamingo
    Harrahs
    Paris
    Planet Hollywood
    Quad

2. meyers67

meyers67 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What does "two places for each meal" mean?

3. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For example, reading the reviews for PH buffet it is very good but PH seems to be known for bad desserts. So, someone may suggest PH for Lunch then once done go to Caesars for dessert. Essentially going to two places for lunch.

OR if Paris is known for their breakfast eggs and Flamingo is known for their breakfast pancakes we may actually do both places for breakfast to make for a great breakfast.

4. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We did this last summer and will probably do it again in a few days. I'll try and answer what I know.
    1)Clock starts once you purchase it. Clocks ends exactly 24 hours later. If you're in line when it ends, it's done. You're not getting in. You have to be past the cashier at the end of the 24 hours.
    2) Best way is a late dinner, breakfast, lunch and an early dinner. Usually better offering at dinner may as well go twice.
    3) It was $15 when Bacchanal first opened, not sure what it is now and yes, that's per visit.
    4) go in and out as much as you want, just feel like having dessert? go for it.
    5) we ate at Paris, Rio and Planet Hollywood. This time we'll just stick to Planet Hollywood and probably upgrade to Bacchanal for a dinner meal. Had breakfast at Paris, was so salty that it was hardly edible. Rio was ok, buffet is huge but nothing to write home about. If I were staying there I'd go back but I wouldn't make a trip just for the buffet. Planet Hollywood was decent food, nothing like the Bacchanal (ate there in April without the pass) or Bellagio but it was good.

5. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We do this once each trip. Will go to Rio or PH for dinner around 8pm our 1st day. (want to try Bacchanal but didn't make it over there last trip). There is an up-charge for this one and dinner is more than breakfast or lunch. Sorry, not sure of the amounts. It is supposed to be one of the best in LV now. We then have breakfast at Flamingo or PH / light lunch usually at Harrah's then dinner around 7:30. At $50 it is a good deal for 2 days meals and we have favs at each place. Would not consider going to Caesars to try just 1 item due to the extra cost. But since they have over 300 items, would not hesitate to pay to try all the variety and individual servings.

Caesars has the biggest crab legs but PH / Rio are pretty good and each buffet will steam them for you if they only have cold ones out. Last trip - PH had a honey/pecan glazed chicken that was delish too. Most even have cotton candy!!

Breakfast - Paris has a crepe station so you can choose what you want on it....wonderful. Flamingo has tasty corned-beef hash. All have omelet stations.

Another great thing about the b of b.....we don't feel we must over-eat to get our $$ worth. Smaller meals and sometimes even stop in to get a BIG Pepsi...maybe eating a few peel-n-eat shrimp just to rest.

6. Chrisnewton

Chrisnewton High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How do you get a ticket for all day eating? Never heard of this before?

7. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check Here:wave:

8. Chrisnewton

Chrisnewton High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, where do you go to purchase these in Vegas?

9. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you just walk up? or do you have to wait in line?

10. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  11. pghzoolady

pghzoolady Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When the Buffet of Buffets first started we went to PH for dinner. Got there around 5:30 and purchased the pass there and had dinner. The next morning we went over to Flamingo for breakfast, didn't do lunch, then got inline at the Paris buffet around 4:30 for dinner. If your time expires at 5:30 and you don't get to the front of the line until 5:35 you are out of luck!

12. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anybody know what is the latest you can reedem at a TR booth? ie TR booth hours?

13. searchin

searchin Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would try to avoid lines. Do this on a mon,tues,or wed. Ceasars Baccanal is known for long lines. Avoid noon , 6 pm etc. When I went there it was 10:30 am on a monday very short line. Approaching noon it got very busy.
    When I did B of B we went to PH at 9 pm. No line . Great food. Flamingo was nice for breakfast if you like it simple. Big windows faceing their greenspace. No lines that day.

14. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ? Not sure what you are asking. You can purchase the b of b at any buffet cashier and your 24 hr time begins then. No need to go to the TR desk. Just hand the cashier your TR card to use your comps and load the purchase on to your card for your other visits to any of the CET buffets. Not all of the buffets open/close at the same time...if needed, check to see what is the latest you can enter and be sure to allow for waiting I line - especially at Caesars or PH unless you are Diamond/7 Stars.

15. Chrisnewton

Chrisnewton High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So you can buy one of these tickets in a normal buffet que?

16. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sure can...at any register..... :)

17. Chrisnewton

Chrisnewton High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

18. shokhead

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought you had to redeem the coupon at the Total Rewards Center?

19. TheCanoe

TheCanoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're correct, but the folks above you are taking about BUYING a pass (which can be done at the buffet cashier

What you are talking about is redeeming the free BoB pass oh received from the TR Visa

Anyone know if I actually need a coupon/piece of paper to redeem the free BoB I received with the TR Visa? I lost whatever paper came with the card

20. shokhead

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've read some ask for it and some don't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.