1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Most Romantic Dinner

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Grocery411, Jul 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grocery411

Grocery411 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Voted by the wife and I, as well as Zagat for several years in a row, as the most romantic place and meal for lovers. :kiss:

Here is the deal, it has a masculine decor with red brown brick and old fashion service. And for the ladies, well each one is handed a long stemmed rose at entry.

The meal for two ran us about $130 and I think that is maximum pretty much, but we do not drink also. Nonetheless...You know what, I would tell you how the meals are served and so on, but I think it would spoil the fun, really.

Just go, try it, check it out, and let us know how you like! It is in the basement of all places of the Queens Hotel called Hugo's Cellar.

Likely need reservations and forget Valentines Day unless you book way in advance.

Enjoy,
    Bill

2. ernestoc33

ernestoc33 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I have gone there and it was a great experience. We've been staying in downtown for years and overlooked it for a long time. The rose is a really nice touch. The binions steak house is great too.

3. KnotGillty

KnotGillty High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hugos has the best salads. Absolutely love the salad cart. And all of the martinis come with an extra glass so you end up getting twice as much as anywhere else.

4. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wouldn't call it the most romantic. The salad cart is excellent, the food is very average though, the service is good, and the ambiance is fair.

The most romantic in Vegas still has to be Alize. I took my ex to many romantic restaurants in Vegas (including Hugo's on the same trip as Alize) and the morning after Alize she told me that she was ready to marry me in that restaurant she thought it was so romantic and that she thought it was the perfect evening (I took her to Love afterwards). It certainly was an upgrade over Hugo's... and before we went she was complaining that she hated French food!

There are far more romantic than Hugo's, but it's a good choice... especially if you're on a budget.

5. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Romance depends much more on other factors than it does on food, so long as the food is at least good. Maggie and I have enjoyed numerous wonderful dinners together and with various sets of friends at Gaetano's in Henderson. The food is good enough; service and ambiance, together with the memories of those other evenings, make Gaetano's our romantic favorite.

6. kel3420

kel3420 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We went to Hugo's one year to celebrate my 40th bday and loved it, upon the advice from this board. We did the whole strip limo thing and had a blast. I don't like downtown too much but would like to maybe get back there and go to MSS again for their peel n eat shrimp and microbrewery (am I remembering the right place?) and then have dinner at Hugo's. I wonder if its changed much in 8 years.

7. reg1986

reg1986 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went on last trip, excellent meal, excellent service...will be going back again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.