1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hangover remedy

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by vokalml, Jul 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vokalml

vokalml Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello Everyone!

I don’t post very often but since Vegas is the ultimate party city in the world one that I go to at least once a year I thought I would post this. I tried this drink and it worked. Very cool story on how the owner found this product. At least check out the website www.neverhungover.com.

If you want to order some product, enter “Hungover1” in the promo code spot and you can get 25% off.

Very cool product and story and most importantly this is not a gimmick it actually works... If you live in certain parts of Texas and down South like Austin, you probably have heard about it. It's also in the Cosmo. Everyone party safe.

2. ex507

ex507 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is it something you mix with alcohol while drinking or do you drink it before going to bed??

3. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wondering the same thing, the website is a little confusing... one page says take while drinking, another says take before drinking

4. ex507

ex507 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For my understanding it does not make any sense to drink it before getting drunk...

I consume my little helpers the next morning. Makes most sense to me.. Lets see if the threadstarter knows..!

5. johnbender

johnbender Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm willing to try this if I can find it in Cosmo...I'm there next week, so I'll report back if I am able to try it.

Based on the testimonials, it seems to work best to take it as a shot in the middle of your drinking binge.

6. vokalml

vokalml Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's the only preventative hangover drink out there. It's best to take before and while drinking. Depending on how much you drink. I only took one shot before and had 7 drinks but I should have probably had 2 shots. You can also mix it. Drink it cold because like most stuff doesn't taste good warm

7. ex507

ex507 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Im curious about it. How does it taste? Like a energy drink?

Available in Vegas? Could only see some stores in TX!

8. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Science never masquerades as an infomercial.

9. aliasyoshi

aliasyoshi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :thumbsup:

10. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've wondered if any of these things work. They always sound like snake oil to me.

I'm pretty good when I use my system. I drink one water for every 2 drinks. I try to avoid super sugary drinks and I ask for top shelf when I can get it. Oh, and avoid any tequila that isn't 100% agave. I've managed to stay relatively hangover free in Vegas. I may not be at my best, but I can walk and see straight in the morning if I got 7-8 hours of sleep. Without the sleep, nothing will help me. :drunk:

11. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like just another sales gimmick to me and I assure that is what it is.

If you are scared of being hungover then you will never really enjoy the drinking the night before.

face your fears, set that alarm clock for 6am and get out of bed to start the day.

It takes some doing but so does everything in life.

its like the great samurai Musashi said, "everything is hard at first".

Dont just exist and be like everyone else.

Live you life.

12. vokalml

vokalml Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It worked for me. It is not snake oil trust me. Haven't tried water but this has about 60 natural ingredients. As far as taste goes, it is fairly good cold and if for some reason if you don't like it mix it with Gatorade.

I'm sure people thought 5 hour energy wouldn't sell now look at it! HAHA. That stuff sells like hot cakes. Anyways, I took it and it worked for me. I'm sure it will work for most people but can't say for sure. Lots of people say it works.

13. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I checked some of these pre drinking things out at the supplement store I buy my workout stuff at. Most of the “natural” ingredients are things like Ginkgo, Willow Bark… the remainder of the listed ingredients are water soluble vitamins, B-12, C. Some of the after-hangover drinks or other remedies because overconsumption of alcohol can reduce blood sugar levels. In short, I agree with others posting that the stuff is snake-oil. You can get the same benefit by doing the Gatorade and multivitamin thing. You drink too much and it doesn’t matter what you are taking the night before or morning after. You are going to feel bad.

14. nubia11

nubia11 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, at a point, there's just no avoiding a little crunchiness the morning after.

I've seen lots of recovery concoctions on the store shelves but I also have a hard time buying that they keep a hangover completely at bay. Some do have logical ingredients as others have pointed out (to include charcoal for toxin absorption). For me, it seems to come down to hydration, vitamins and electrolyte replenishment.

If I really want to skirt a hangover, I avoid drinking multiple rye whiskey Manhattans while engaged in a raucous blackjack game at Cosmopolitan until the wee hours of the morning. :vomit: Yep, pretty sure I'm still recovering from that one.

15. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Set an appointment with the hangover bus. The fastest I ever got over a hangover was when my EMT friend brought an IV with him on a camping trip. Went from feeling like death to fully refreshed in 30mins after an entire day of redbull vodkas, 20+ beers and 5hrs of sleep.

I still like like the Pedialyte concoction from the hangover thread for prevention.

16. ex507

ex507 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really thought about the bus a few times because i am one of the persons who are having a really really brutal hangover. It lasts the whole next day until i go to bed again. Horrible. Very uncomfortable!

I think there is a hangover treatment at the MGM, too. Anybody checked it out lately?

17. Gino

Gino "The King of Inappropriate."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I take 4 Advil and a big glass of water before bed. Wake up feeling not too shitty, drink a Gatorade, eat light carbs and then jog 5-6 miles...I know it sounds nuts, but I've been doing this for years and rarely if ever do I not feel 100% afterwards. As I entered my early 30's my hangovers started lasting 2 days, and I just couldn't handle it so I tried every remedy (my favorite was bloody marys:drunk:) and finally one morning I was at my mom and dads after a particularly vicious night of carousing and my mother told me that when my grandfather was in the Marines (WW2, Korea, Vietnam) and his company was hungover he ran and marched them extra for "detoxification." :evillaugh So I geared up, and went for a jog - been doing it since 1999. If you absolutely cant get out and do any physical activity, I suggest a sauna. Bringing this back to Las Vegas, when I stay at the Golden Nugget, I usually stay in a Spa Tower Suite - each suite has a sauna:nworthy:. This is an absolute godsend because it's a quick fix detox, and allows those of us that cringe at the thought of pounding pavement and/or running a treadmill, to get some of the benefits while not exerting ourselves too much...However, as I approach 40 in November:eek: my dad's advice seems better and better - "Don't wan't a hangover - then don't fuckin' drink..." Amazing how smart our parents get as we get older, isn't it?

Cheers!!! :drunk::drunk::drunk:

18. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been drinking for a good 10 years and have tried all kinds of different shit to prevent/cure a hangover. Pedialyte is by far the best thing I have ever found to work.

19. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pedialyte definitely helps the dried out feeling you get, and the headache - but it doesn't rid those of us who have the horrendous stomache ache/nausea.

I just give up on finding a cure for that. Sugar free red bull seems to be the best way to do cocktails (if I dont want to do soda water etc). Or just drinking beer

Tonic has SO much sugar that you dont suspect

20. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very true, I totally forgot about nausea. In all my years of drinking I have never woke up feeling nauseous. The only time I ever get nauseous is if I take a nasty shot, if that happens I puke it up instantly and I'm good to go. Puke and rally!!!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.