1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Computer lags in bonus time

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by jbee, Jul 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbee

jbee Low-Roller

My friend has had problems with the bonus round of, Lost in Time, and Around the World. They are on a lap top, wireless. I know that can be a problem in itself. But, I am on a desk top, wired, fairly fast and had the same problem at times. While on a bonus round, I can click on an object and it will not register for a second or two. Both of us has cleared our internet cache and history. It seems to happen most often in our later afternoon. Some times morning. (Pacific time) And of course not just on the weekends. Could it be lots of people on my end or maybe Facebook is too crowded at this time? I'm not too computer savey.

2. sandman748

sandman748 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've noticed that both of those games slow down the longer you play. To the point where it can barely spin anymore after a couple hundred spins. Closing and re-opening the broser seems to help.

3. yoyoseven

yoyoseven Grizzled Vereran

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most likely you're running low on memory. Facebook in and of itself is a memory hog, and myVegas compounds the issue. Shutting down and re-starting the browser will usually help for a while. If you're on an older machine (5 yrs old or so), the amount of memory in your machine may well be too low to keep up with the newer online apps. Take a look at the processes tab in the task manager to see how much memory the browser you're using is consuming when you notice that it starts to slow down.

When I first started playing myVegas, I tried using my older machine (much older, only 500M of RAM), and it bogged down very quickly. On my new laptop (with 8G RAM) I never have an issue, whether I'm hard-wired or using Wifi.

4. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Just what I was going to say, RAM issue. I've tried to play on older computers with like 1GB of RAM and it's pretty much impossible. On my rig, 8GB just like yours, I've never had a problem.

5. alzika

alzika Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MyVegas seems to have quite a few memory leaks. Over time, this ends up with massive amounts of RAM being allocated to the MyVegas game (which is Flash based). Most of this allocated RAM is not even being used by the game, but the coders forgot to deallocate the memory to "free" it up, and this is what results in a memory leak.

They really should optimize their code as it appears to have poor memory management. I've seen cases where my browser's process was using in excess of 1 gig of RAM after running MyVegas for a log time.

Like others said, restarting your browser is the best fix.

6. jbee

jbee Low-Roller

Thanks all. My laptop is about 5 or 6 years old and has 3 MB of ram. So thats whats happening!! I did think it ran better after a restart. Thanks again for the information.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.