1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

1 night stay availability

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by JerryVO, Jul 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryVO

JerryVO Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In September my wife and I will be passing through vegas on the way to Scottsdale for a work trip. We would like to stay there on Saturday night only (I wish we could stay longer but our schedule prohibits it) and my go to places (MGM, Signature, MC, Paris, PH) shows no availability for a 1 night stay but has availability for a multiple night stay. Is there a trick to booking a 1 Saturday night stay in vegas?

2. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As long as you are not travelling thru on IHEART RADIO FEST weekend, you should be fine. Lots of people have had luck using the various booking agents for last minute stays. Hotels.com, travelocity, expedia, etc, all have phone apps that are handy to use.

3. Frankr163

Frankr163 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A lot of hotels require a 2 night stay for weekend bookings.
    The calendars may show sold out on Saturday, but add a Friday on to the reservation and rooms miraculously become available. If you have a track record with a particular property they should be able to accommodate you.

Anniversary Trip
  4. andrew5499

andrew5499 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You could also look into booking 2 nights sat and sun.
    Try calling hotel direct would be best option for the 1 night.

5. travelfiend

travelfiend High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I use the hotel tonight app on phone. You can't book until after noon on day of arrival local time but I have gotten some good deals and it allows for that Saturday check in for one night. Plus you get $25 off your first time booking.

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you look at the rate calendar for most hotels, you will see that Sat night is the highest, with Friday the 2nd highest. So, if you do book two nights, do Sat and Sunday.

You might have to go slightly off strip with the high Sat night rates. CET will have lower rates in most cases.

Check Hotel RATE CALENDARS to get a better idea.

7. ez369

ez369 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's not uncommon for MGM Signature and Elara (you didn't mention) to not have 1 night Sat check in's available on weekends. I've also seen it sometimes appear at NYNY. If there's a large event like a fight, big concert, etc then you may run into this at other properties also. Try calling the hotel directly and seeing if they have a sat arrival for 1 night available. Considering you said Sept, if it's the weekend of the Mayweather fight or IHeartRadio fest as captainron mentioned, you are probably out of luck.

8. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    have you used kayak to search third party sites? you didn't say which saturday in september you were looking at but kayak listed hotels available for all 4 saturdays in september. price may be high depending on things going on in vegas but usually on kayak you can find a site with hotel availability.

9. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not true, I do one night Saturday's at least twice a year (I've done it at PH (2x), Paris, MGM, Mandalay most recently). But I do know a few hotels don't do check in on Saturday for whatever reason (or used to not..)

What day are you going in particular? Yea, as said above lots of huge, busy events in September, it can be very expensive. Also many promo codes require 2 night stays.. so just make sure you are searching correctly. For one night, I'd check on Hotwire or something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.