1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Tried buying a reward ...

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by thenuke1, Jul 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thenuke1

thenuke1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    got to the name and email portion ... then when i clicked purchase it gave me a notice that i wasn't able to buy it.

i did go to vegas last month but its been more than 30 days.

I tried buying the mgm buffet.

reading the terms and conditions, is it that i can only buy that reward once and once only ??? im a bit confused

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just about all rewards are a limit of 1 reward per batch. The only time you can figure a new batch MAY HAVE occured is if they remove it and bring it back at a lower/higher cost. The 3/30 thing has nothing to do with redeeming for a reward.

3. Frankr163

Frankr163 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was able to just grab the mirage buffet for the 2nd time.
    I redeemed one in May and planned to use the new one in Sept.
    Are you saying I won't be able to redeem it when there?

4. travelfiend

travelfiend High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No FRankr163, if you were able to buy it, then you can use it. You must have got lucky and bought the 2nd one out of a "new batch".

5. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I'm not mistaken, they raised the amount of the Mirage buffet in May or June, which would technically make it a different reward. Like travelfiend said, you should be good to go.

6. thenuke1

thenuke1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hmmm ... ok got it ... sucks but thankfully my lady started playing so we'll go through her account

7. travelfiend

travelfiend High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And everyone remember, there are blackout dates to use these awards. They should be listed on the 2nd page of the award but for me personally, I just figure any holiday, they are not going to allow me to use the award. I know for sure some people were turned down using Bellagio Buffet on Mother's Day even though it didn't mention that as blacked out on the award.

8. thenuke1

thenuke1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a Grey area if you want to get technical

Buffet rewards say " holiday menus"

I had an email conversation with the buffet manager last year where she told me I could use the coupon before the lunch dinner turn around time and enjoy the dinner items...

When I was denied at m life I showed them the emails and they gave me slot comps for 2 instead of 1 myvegas comp

I was able to ask for a refund from myvegas and got my points back

9. cstutor89

cstutor89 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From reading your initial post, it is kind of vague what kind of error message you got from the game. There are several pop-up error and warning messages that can come up when you purchase or buy the reward from MyVegas. Hopefully it is not the 4th message that I mention because it is the worst of them all.

1. You get a Warning Message if you have more than your limit of X rewards in 30 days in your purchased list of rewards. Say your limit is 3 in 30 days. If you have 3 rewards already, if you attempt to buy a 4th reward this Warning Message will come up but will NOT prevent you from actually buying the 4th reward.

2. You get an Error Message if there is no more inventory. The typical error message will say something to the effect of "Oops, sorry we could not complete your request at this time because our inventory needs to be updated." You get this error message when the item has been sold out but on your screen it still says you are able to purchase it.

3. You get an Error Message if you bought a reward before that is the same PRICE and VALUE as one you've bought in the past. The error will be something to the effect of "You bought this reward before".

4. You get an Error Message if MyVegas has blocked you for some reason from purchasing or redeeming rewards. The error message will be something to the effect of "Oops, sorry your purchase cannot be completed at this time. Try again later." If this is the case, you'll need to contact them directly via their Feedback page and ask how to fix this problem.

May 22nd, 2013 was when they changed the Mirage Buffet Reward from 29,990 to 35,000. So if you bought one when it was 29,990 and then bought it again at 35,000 they are two DIFFERENT rewards. I stress reading the 2 pages of description on what the terms and conditions are for each reward you buy and if you have the actual reward bought, it will tell you everything you need to know. They do say holidays and blackout days (Mother's Day is technically a holiday) are restricted on this new Mirage Buffet description.

3 in 30 is all about the redeeming process (physical) and it has nothing to do with the purchasing process (virtual). As in the Warning Message above you can buy all the rewards you want but once you have more than 3 purchased then it will warn you, that you can't redeem all the ones you've bought in a 30 day period.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.