1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Uh Oh... Stabbing on Fremont

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by smartone, Jul 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. Someone

Someone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    while I will agree that "crime can happen anywhere" as some will surely want to point out....the reality is in this incident it is pretty much exactly what ruins an area and makes people not want to be in areas plagued by drunken vagrants aggressively panhandling people

while crime can "happen anywhere" one of the aspects of being victimized by a violent, crazed, drunk, beggar is you have to have violent, crazed, drunk, beggars in the area and generally IMO the more drunk beggars you have in an area the larger the % chance that some of them will be crazed and violent

3. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will take my chances with violent, crazed, drunk beggars over violent, crazed, drunk, DB's at some of the other places (Palms, Hard Rock, etc) anytime.

4. Huddler

Huddler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Drunk, crazy, homeless guy with knife? check
    Group of drunk 19 Year Olds out at 3:30 am? Check
    Violence ensues? Check

They need to have a curfew for Fremont Street for those under 21. Anyone not of age to drink cannot be on Fremont after midnight unless accompanied by a parent. They also need to contain all begging and character picture taking to a well defined and very limited area. Running the gauntlet of drunk and diseased mentally ill heroin junkies is not fun and ultimately leads to bad things like we see in this story. And they need to add a bunch more security personnel. Otherwise, stories about the violence will ultimately keep people from coming downtown.

5. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "Juggalos are fans of Insane Clown Posse, a horror-based rap group".....I'm thinking this is a low point in the human race for music:rolleyes2:

This guy is obviously disturbed but there is also probably some truth to his side of the story too so you just have an all around bad situation involving multiple derelicts.

I do think metro needs to get a handle on the agressive pan handling...it's out of control and you're going to have more incidents like this only it will be the pan handler that ends up in the hospital.....or dead.

6. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wonder if the dude that got stabbed paid an extra $5 for the Fremont Street Experience?

7. Rush

Rush MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why was this guy still in a police car "several hours" after being arrested?

8. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fremont security staff run a professional operation. I've watched several times as they've preemptively intervened in potentially bad situations and deescalated them well. And, security staff seem to deal well with tourists, drunks and the homeless.

Bill

9. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's 'Job Security'. When you get paid by the hour and you have a chance to 'process' the accused assailant for the whole length of your shift, and then some, you do what you can to keep from getting another call that night!

I do agree that security needs to be beefed up on Fremont, and the pan handlers which are increasing in numbers over the years need to be controlled. :grrr:

10. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No worries. Things happen like this all over Vegas and every other big city.

Lots of stabbing in the strip. Are you scared to go there because of them? no.

Think of it this way. Do you go to vegas to hang out with homeless? of course not. in downtown you can clearly see where they are so you are on the alert and you just stay away from them.

On the strip there are criminal everywhere but you are not paying attention so you leave yourself more vulnerable.

11. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    uh, really? where are those? I've heard of one in the last few years.

12. agirl

agirl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband and I were playing the old coin dropper VP machines in the back of MSS one evening last week, about 9 or 10 p.m. when suddenly a guy came up behind us, leaned in and started rubbing on the screen of our machines "for luck" and then asked us for money. I said no, sorry and he proceeded to go down the line, frightening some older ladies by reaching over to sort of hug them or touch their shoulders. Security came promptly to remove him, but still it was kind of startling to think what might have happened if he was more on the angry side.....

13. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We go to Downtown in the AM now.

Less people esp. the garbage types .Usually on our way after lunch.

14. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How about a stabbing IN the elevator at a strip hotel? Im sure I can dig up more. I feel like stabbings/fights on the strip dont get as much publicity. Fairly certain its all politics. Afterall strip brings in the most money into Vegas. Both places have their troublemakers and they're easy to avoid.

http://www.ktnv.com/news/local/195777651.html

15. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With Vegas in the limelight as well as intoxication and high percentage of people carrying lots of cash I am surprised (and glad) there isn't a lot more going on.

16. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Theres a show on TruTV called Vegas Strip I think. Its basically a Vegas version of cops except strictly on the strip. Check it out.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.