1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bally's Steakhouse Bar

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Suekel, Jul 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had the oddest experience on Tuesday night. It was just shy of 9PM, and my husband and I wanted a bite to eat but nothing too heavy. We had a bunch of points and thought some apps and a drink at the Steakhouse bar might do the trick. So we walked up and were in the process of sitting down when a guy walked thru the swinging door. He kind of looked at us, and I said "We were hoping for a drink and a bite", and he replied that the restaurant had a big party and he was too busy to wait on us!! I was so taken aback I didn't say anything for a moment, then asked "You are saying we can't be served here?" He replied "Not right now, this group stayed longer than expected." Mind you the group was in the restaurant, and the bar was empty. I then asked if we came back in 20-30 mins could we eat and he said maybe, but they would not take food orders after 10 so it might be better if we just went somewhere else.

We walked away and it took a few minutes for it to sink it what had just happened. An open restaurant told us they were too busy to serve us. We aren't trashy looking, and we weren't intoxicated, so it's not like we were somehow deemed unsuitable. This guy just didn't want more customers.

We later told a dealer about it and she was appalled and said we should complain at the front desk. We never did, and we ended up eating elsewhere, but now I'm wondering if I should send an e-mail to someone at Ballys.

Anyone ever have something similar happen?

2. slimmy28

slimmy28 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would definitely send an email. You can do it in a very respectful way and I personally think those above should know what happened. I would make sure to detail the entire experience with as many specifics as you can. I would be shocked if you didn't at least get a response of some sort. Best of luck and sorry to hear of the poor experience.

3. kel3420

kel3420 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Personally, I wouldn't be upset. Actually, I would be relieved that the guy was honest and upfront in telling you that you either would get really bad or really slow service. I find it really irritating when you are at a restaurant and just sit there waiting and waiting. I would let this one go.

....just a different perspective

4. ilovevegasbaby

ilovevegasbaby Tourist

This really should be brought to the management's attention. They may not realize their employees are doing this to people. I doubt the owners seriously would ever want to turn anyone away. Yes he was being honest and probably saved you from another kind of poor experience, but they still should be told about it so they can decide if they want to fix it.

5. LAV

LAV Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmmmm....this is a tough one. I can certainly understand your annoyance at being refused to be served.

On the other hand, I can also see how it would be a lose-lose situation for the restaurant. If he had seated you, he knew that he was taking a chance on not providing you with the best service as his focus would be with the large party. Additionally, no one else was at the bar, so he would have to regularly return there to ensure that you are being attended to.

I do agree that he was being honest with you. Even had you returned 30 min later, it would be very close to closing, and the kitchen staff would be more focused on closing and cleaning up than to cook for a party of 2. As for your food, as they may have been rushing to get your order and food, the chance of you not liking how it was cooked and sending it back increased. They would not be looking forward to recook another order.

Not saying that he was right for not wanting to serve you, but I also know that had you stayed and eaten, the chances were that you would not have liked your experience, and and I am sure that the restaurant would have heard about that negative experience.

Here, it would seem that it was a lose-lose situation for the steakhouse.

As for me, I would just leave it as is, but if you feel that need to be heard, then go for it.

6. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would write if for no other reason to let them know they lost business due to poor staffing. The staff at the bar shouldn't be servicing the steakhouse, too.

7. LAV

LAV Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I suppose staffing could be better, although it was a Tuesday night, when they are less busy than say a Thur, Fri, Sat, or Sun, so they may have less staff anyhow. Additionally, it was at 9pm, close to closing time, so there probably would have been less staff.

Even if they had more staff, they were most likely devoted to the large party.

Perhaps they did lose business due to poor staffing, but they may have lost more business due to poor service as people tend to quickly write about negative experiences more quickly and convincingly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.