1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Absinthe - Go see it!

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by steveged, Jul 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steveged

steveged Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went and saw two shows this past week in Vegas. Zoomanity and Absinthe. While Zumanity was decent and entertaining at times, Absinthe is probably the best show I have seen in Vegas. It was such a great venue in that every seat was so close to the stage making everyone feel like they were in the front rows. So I dont spoil the show for anyone, it has everything you are looking for in a Vegas show. Comedy is no holds (If you are easily offended, dont go) and had me literally crying with laughter at points in the show. Action, excitement, humor, and the right amount of sexiness are in all of the acts. You will not be disapointed.

2. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with the OP. I've seen just about every Las Vegas show and Absinthe is my favorite. Every act is unique and interesting (but Melody Sweets is worth the price of admission alone).

I've got tickets to see Absinthe for the 4th time soon.

Bill

3. etm117

etm117 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree on all points. I do believe my favorite part is the intimateness of the tent. Everyone sits so close there are no bad seats.

4. valsdad

valsdad Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I second that emotion. Might I also suggest Human Nature for Motown fans.

5. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm considering these two for my next trip. Thanks to a travelzoo deal on Human Nature tix, looks like we could get them for about half the price of Absinthe tickets (approx. $100 vs. $200 for two). Is Absinthe twice the show Human Nature is?

6. anton73

anton73 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    agreed 100%

7. TommyToledo

TommyToledo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can someone elaborate a bit on the tent setup? Are there photos available someone online?

8. NickyDim

NickyDim Hockey is life

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Doesn't look very large.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. TommyToledo

TommyToledo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for that!!

10. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best no name show in Vegas

Seen in twice loved it each time

11. sam_marques

sam_marques Vegas Vlogs Youtube / TeamClareVlogs

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am so excited to see this next month. Surprising my sister with tix for Absinthe. Saw Human Nature in 2010 at the IP and LOVED it !

12. MarkY

MarkY Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I will be in Vegas this weekend. We plan on seeing this Absinthe Friday night, 7/19.

Anyone have any ticket suggestions/connections. We're driving in from Phoenix, will be at Venetian about 3:00 PM. Will this be too late to get tickets from Tix4tonight?

13. Dee_NC

Dee_NC Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Going Labor Day weekend staying at Ceasars and Absinthe is definitely on my watch list. I was wondering how much the tix for this show are at tix4tonite?

This board is so savvy. I've been searching for topics and have found answers to a lot of questions. Great board!

14. lmondun

lmondun Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Personally, I thought it was great when I saw it about a year ago. Was in tears, laughing. But my DW, who had no problems with either Zumanity or Fantasy, just couldn't enjoy it because of the foul language.

At least she didn't walk out during the show, as happened to me once with a buddy's wife during a Sam Kinison performance at a comedy club. Man, the shit we took from him after she had left our table ... :wink2:

15. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Perhaps I'm the lone dissenter, but I failed to see much humor in the sexual innuendo and profane vulgarities.
    Didn't care for it, though, I appreciated the concept behind it and the production value.
    Lest you think I'm a prude, I have no problem with the crudeness and lewdness of Vinnie Favorito (seen him twice and thought it was hilarious).
    Absinthe - no thanks.

16. Phaleproof

Phaleproof Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone know of any *good* sales going on for these tickets?

I'm kicking myself for not jumping on them when I found them for $70 a piece, ended up being about $150 after taxes, etc. Now, all the tickets are $85-90 for the beginning of August. Unless I can find a decent deal, for an extra $75 I'm half tempted to just get seats for O instead.

17. joshcox19

joshcox19 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I went I got tickets for like $25 less than normal at Tix4Tonight. They were also handing out $20 off coupons right in front of Cesar's basically every day, so thats an option too

18. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're definitely taking a chance. The 19th is a Friday night (Friday and Saturday night draw the most attendees). Getting into popular shows and restaurants on The Strip is significantly tougher on those nights. But, give it a shot. The worst that can happen is "no" right?

If you want to ensure you get in then buy in advance. Yes, it's more money – but if this show is a priority for you it'll be worth it. I've got tickets on the 19th for the 8 pm show.

Bill

19. MarkY

MarkY Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I called Tix4Tonight and they will let me purchase tickets on Thursday for Friday's show. I can do this over the phone and they'll hold them for pickup when I get there on Friday. Thanks for the info.

20. Phaleproof

Phaleproof Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you don't mind me asking, how much were they per ticket including fees, etc?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.