1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

anyone miss the brown derby?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by broncofn, Jul 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My fist trip to vegas of many, superbowl weekend in 1999 nyg/balt. My uncle had vip tix to rhe super bowl party at mgm. This place was my first "fine dining" restaurant in vegas and it was delicious. Now i own 3 restaurants myself with 2 on the way. This place reminded me of the palms steakhouse with the pics on the walls, etc. I know this restaurant came from hollywood or some place in cali. Who took over that spot in mgm and why did brown derby leave? I remember it was in the walk way going towards rthe pool on the right side of the walkway. That was actually the best creme brulee ive ever had.

2. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never been to the one in Vegas but a few years ago we ate at the one in Hollywood Studios at Disneyworld and loved it!

3. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I remember correctly, they rolled it out with the opening of MGM. Regardless, it fit into their attempt at a family-friendly theme park / movie studio atmosphere (I was one of the few who rode the stupid back-lot tour and remember the animitronics in the bar). Brown Derby always got good reviews, don't know why it closed.

4. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Probably went out of fashion.

5. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I grew-up on the ones in Akron, Ohio... was considered a "night-out" for our family, but I don't recall those being incredibly upscale... sure beat the A&W Drive In though. That's the other place Dad took us to a lot...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.