1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Soccer betting?

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by Dracey, Jul 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dracey

Dracey Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Planning to be in Vegas several times in the next year and would like to know what books on the strip take soccer bets? Thanks!

2. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How do you bet soccer? Is it just a money line bet, or do you give and take goals?

I ask because their has been news about a guy trying to get Belize to make sure they lost to USA in their Gold Cup match. USA was heavily favored, so I wondered what the point of it was. USA ended up winning 6-1.

3. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    it's like hockey. moneyline is standard, but you can bet the goalline also, although since goals are so rare, you pay a hefty premium for +1.5 and get a huge discount for -1.5. you can also bet the total.

4. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know Wynn offers bets on EPL and Champion's League games and I would assume that most other books on the strip do as well. I can't say for sure, but I'd imagine you could also probably bet on MLS and "important" international matches.

You won't find the odds on the big boards, but they usually will have sheets with the games available. If not, just ask.

5. Dearns

Dearns Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here in the UK there are a ridiculous number of bets that you can have on soccer games eg. scorecast (first scorer and final score), number of goals, number of corners, time of first goal, even whether the shirt number of the first scorer will be even/odd!

With the USA game, it would probably be players offered cash to concede goals at certain times (especially as one of the players offered cash was a goalkeeper) or for attackers to not score.

I was going to ask about betting on the EPL in Vegas myself as I will be there next month when the season has started. We'll be staying at MGM - anyone know if the sports book there offer bets on the EPL?

6. Dracey

Dracey Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you! I will try to also contact books directly before visiting.

7. Vegas dreaming

Vegas dreaming Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The LVH takes soccer bets.

8. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  9. Dearns

Dearns Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw that last week and it's the most bizarre thing I've heard of at a game. The story below is one that always make me think what was going through the heads of everyone involved. Considering a game is 90 minutes long it's certainly some effort

http://espn.go.com/soccer/news/2002/1102/1454712.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.