1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Return to Cosmo for $100 Reimbursement - what should I do?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by eloisegirl, Jul 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eloisegirl

eloisegirl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last time I went to Cosmo I did the Identity Play offer of Lose $100, Get $100 on your IP card. Fortunately, I won six hundred sweet sweet bones and did not need the reimbursement. I see that the offer still stands. I will be there next week and am wondering how I should play my $100.

Should I do the dollar slots at max for 33 three-dollar bets? Or should I do Buffalo at $2 max bets (because you can get some nice wins if the Buffalo come out to stampede).

Which slots would you recommend? I only know slots, I have no card skills.

I will be trying those raspberry lemon drop martinis people rave about. If you know of any other Cosmo specialties, let me know.

Thanks! Love this board, and good luck to you all - have a great weekend!

2. Kickin

Kickin Flea

High limit Top Dollar. Preferably a 2 credit game at either $5 or $10 denomination. You'll get at least 5 or 10 spins.

I swear I think that game tries to tease you because it always seems to hit the Top Dollar bonus within a few spins. I just cash out then and I'm sure if I played longer it would clean me out. So just hit and quit it, don't fall for her games.

3. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The true math answer is to jack up your variance as much as possible, so higher denomination slots are a bit better, and they should be set a little looser to begin with.

But since the rebate is only $100, even max betting "Buffalo" or playing $3/spin on reel slots isn't that bad either.

My g/f failed on the promo too in May, but she didn't listen to my advice on really trying to "go for it" either. I lost mine playing dollar video poker in maybe 8 minutes...:grrr: Instead she had about 6 hours of fun over two days trying to lose it. And obviously when we get back out to Vegas again, she'll probably do it the same way.

4. davis237

davis237 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    agree with Chicken. I am the one who steps up next to get cleaned out.

5. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The other side of this is that when you get your $100, find a way to put it into play that won't cost you most of it. In other words, avoid the high risk games you played to earn the reward.

6. RIRugrat

RIRugrat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry, but I don't think you are getting the $100 of free play since you didn't lose $100 when playing at Cosmo. When you win (like you did) you don't quality for the rebate.

Same thing happened to me. Signed up for the card, then went to play $1 DDB VP and hit 4oak right away and cashed out ahead. Didn't get the $100 FP.

Chris

7. bardolator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The $100 offer may be used on a subsequent day. I won the first day, as well, then lost the hundy the next day and cashed in on the free play.

8. Dancemom

Dancemom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It has to be used on the next day?? When I did it last summer you lost $100 in one day and that same day, you got the FP loaded on and played it. Has that changed? My husband wanted to do this promotion when we go but it might not work if we have to go back the next day.

9. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, if you lose the money u can still claim the FP and play right away. But if you win money on your first day and you cash out you cant just lose another 100 and expect to get FP. For that to happen you got to wait until the next gambling day to be eligible for the FP. Hopefully u will win and just repeat the same procedure the next day and so on until you finally lose it.

10. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thats weird. Maybe they didnt explain it correctly to u or it has changed recently. You have to wait until the next gambling day so u are actually down 100 in total during that day. It was four of us doing the promotion and 3 of won and didnt have to use the free play. The next day we were able to repeat the procedure and when we lost we got the FP.

11. TequilaCat

TequilaCat Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've always had a question about this promo, so it isn't just for new identity card members? As long as you haven't done the promo, anyone can do it?

12. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless they've changed the rules in the past year or so, you DO NOT have to be a new sign up. You just can't have already taken advantage of the promo.

13. bardolator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It does not need to be the next calendar day after you win, but it must be a later date. So if you find yourself ahead by any significant amount, cash out and return another day. You're bound to lose a hundred before long.

14. TequilaCat

TequilaCat Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. If it is still running next month, I will probably finally try this then :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.