1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

ice cream truck

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by LolaDoggie, Jul 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    An old school ice cream truck is driving slowly through my neighbourhood, music and all. My ears perked up. I've been covering my head with a pillow and fighting the urge to run for it with my wallet. :faint:

2. bigdogmom

bigdogmom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hahahaha, good luck with that!!

3. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hahaha!

I can always hear it before my husband so I usually turn up the tv or start talking really loud until it is past our house. If he hears it, he acts like a 3 year old whining for an ice cream treat... :rolleyes2:

Go get some! :)

4. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On a tangent.

Recently I tasted one of the best ice creams I have ever tasted.

Blue Bunny

It is right up there with Dreyers. Dreyers is sold at the ice cream shop at South Point and also at Sam's Town.

5. aliasyoshi

aliasyoshi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We get ice cream trucks/vans/cars/buses through our neighborhood almost every day. Not sure why as there are few kids, maybe none, directly living around here.

6. LV_Bound

LV_Bound Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I remember them when I was a kid.
    In fact, I think they are using the same exact trucks. :thumbsup:

7. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  8. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ice cream trucks are pure nosalga. We had two of them a Good Humor truck and an independent. It was fun.

I see a truck driving around town here and I'm wondering if someone can still make a living doing that.......but if he does it every year, he must be making enough to make it worth while, ya think?

Well I stopped at a friend's store and another friend was sitting on the steps with here little girl just as an ice cream truck came around the corner and stopped. My childhood flashed into my head as I asked if her daughter could have an ice cream. Sure she responded so we ran to the truck where Emma chose an ice cream on a stick. The price was $3.50.....WENT UP A BIT since I was 6 (60 years ago!) Imagine some poor guy with 6 kids! Funny thing was the truck stopped in front of a market where I could have bought the same thing for .99! Guess that's why there is still an ice cream man. I guess it's the atmosphere!''

Jimbo338

9. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ice cream trucks are pure nosalgia. We had two of them a Good Humor truck and an independent. It was fun.

I see a truck driving around town here and I'm wondering if someone can still make a living doing that.......but if he does it every year, he must be making enough to make it worth while, ya think?

Well I stopped at a friend's store and another friend was sitting on the steps with her little girl just as an ice cream truck came around the corner and stopped. My childhood flashed into my head as I asked if her daughter could have an ice cream. Sure she responded so we ran to the truck where Emma chose an ice cream on a stick. The price was $3.50.....WENT UP A BIT since I was 6 (60 years ago!) Imagine some poor guy with 6 kids! Funny thing was the truck stopped in front of a market where I could have bought the same thing for .99! Guess that's why there is still an ice cream man. I guess it's the atmosphere!''

Jimbo338

10. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  11. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ice cream trucks are very annoying.

12. BigGTMike

BigGTMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was in Fort Lauderdale last August for a bachelor party. We had noticed the truck down there a few times and the guy driving looked rather creepy. A few hours and a lot of alcohol later we are stumbling back to the Hilton and the truck drives by and one of the guys with us yells child molestor at it as it passes by. Trick driver floored it around the block, gets out just outside the Hilton lobby entrance and threatens us with a baseball bat. Touchy subject, apparently.

13. Molder66

Molder66 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This movie scared me away from the trucks years ago.

cheech%20and%20chong%20nice_dreams.jpg

14. ejeffo

ejeffo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only thing ice cream trucks make me run for is a sledge hammer to knock that stupid speaker off of the truck.

15. JRSOBX

JRSOBX Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I make my own ice cream.

and it ROCKS!!!

16. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought it was funny that the instinct to run was still there. I didn't run for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.