1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Gold Coast: Premium vs. Deluxe

Discussion in 'Off-Strip Hotels' started by zeuph1998, Jun 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zeuph1998

zeuph1998 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am getting ready to book two comp nights at the Gold Coast. I have the choice between a premium room and a deluxe room. On the website, it appears the same picture is used for both rooms. Does anyone have an idea of which is the better room type? Is there a difference? I have stayed at the Gold Coast in the past, and at that time there were the renovated rooms and the old rooms. I've stayed in the renovated rooms and like them quite a bit. Any help would be appreciated as I plan on booking the room in the next few days.

Z

2. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed there in May and I belive it was a premium room? The only real difference I noticed from many other stays there was a walk-in shower.And the design of that is a bit wierd-a glass partition that blocks the toilet/sink area.You can't turn on/adjust the faucet unless you are half-way in the shower and reaching for the faucet.

3. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've staying at GC a few times this year, and I'm still not sure which rooms are the Premium and which rooms are Deluxe! Some had tubs and others just the shower. Personally, I prefer the shower only, but really couldn't care less. Good luck figuring it out!

4. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The rooms that were Premium are now Deluxe. The newer remodeled rooms are Premium. From what I can tell, the Premium rooms have a tub while the Deluxe just has a shower.

5. siwst852

siwst852 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A good rule of thumb for comped rooms the cheapest rooms come up first, so scroll down as far as you can before you have to pay.

• Like Like x 1
  6. AlwaysVegas

AlwaysVegas Now it's mostly Reno.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can confirm this. I asked at this desk when I was checking in at the end of April (I had a Premium booked). She said the rooms are almost identical except for the shower/tub difference. I guess if you consider that the "Deluxe" rooms have also been remodeled more recently, but the the Premium was close to spotless in my opinion.

7. VegasLover8

VegasLover8 High-Roller

For the 5 nights, I am looking at, the difference is about $60 for premium vs deluxe.

So basically they are charging an extra $12/night for a tub and more recent renovations

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.