1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Caesars comp

Discussion in 'Comps' started by monoz, Jul 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monoz

monoz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I received an offer for 2 free nights at any CET resort, but Caesars. Despite this, when I put my dates in the CET website and looked at the rates for Caesars, it said was comped anyways. I am not aware of any other offers.

Is this a website error, or a usually occurrence? I booked it anyways and the confirmation stated that the room was comped. Just want to make sure that when I arrive they don't tell me there has been a mistake.

2. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At least for me, the offers are never as good as what's on the rate calendar. If it shows it's comped, it's comped.

3. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a very similar experience to yours before I learned the ins and outs of the CET rate calendar. I had an offer for like 5 comp nights and a lower tier place like IP or something but it said something to the effect of "or use this offer at any of our resorts" but my offers or rates didn't show comp at Caesars. So I used that offer code and selected Caesars and BAM comp at Caesars. I thought for sure I'd found a way to game the system! If have since learned to not even use my offers. I just go to the rate celendar, enter in my wife's total rewards numbers as my traveling companion and then look at the monthly rate calendar.

This always shows me my best options and is always the same thing a total rewards phone rep quotes me. It's also a good way to check the rates as they change from day to day as I've called and had my current reservation modified a few times as rates on a day dropped or became comped. I think When I originally booked my upcomming trip there were four nights between my two CET reservations that I was paying for (and not a cheap rate either). Now I'm down to only one and only night that isn't comped.

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to Vegas Message Board. You will learn lots of things here.

In particular - when booking at CET - use the rate calendar and not offers. 90% of time, it will be way better.

Meanwhile, scroll down through postings from the past few weeks. There might be some other small tidbits to help you out.

5. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    BINGO! Same with me. I'm comped 5 nights Aug.4-9, i first noticed this in March on the rate calender and booked August at Caesars. I never look at offers (unless the offer includes free rooms) which in my case never happens. Booking free rooms at Caesars far surpasses any offers i may get (i average 8 offers). My offers are for discounted rooms and some free dining options. But why would i do that?
    The reason why i prefer comped rooms over offers is because of the price (lol), and knowing i can and will use the $20 trick to upgrade. Book free rooms and then upgrade. I'm also looking at 2014 on the rate calender and may book Flamingo for 5 nights in the Spring comped. I always book Sun-Fri.
    If you know the dates you would like to go using the rate calender and it says comp, then book it, you will then get a conf #. They, CET, cannot change it, they can change the room preference (which i found out), but CANNOT change comped rooms, if you are booked 1 night or 5 nights comped......it's comped.
    Your CC WILL NOT BE CHARGED ON FREE ROOMS. If you have to pay the resort fee it is done at checkout, you then have an option to use a CC or pay cash. If you book comped rooms AND have no resort fees, that's even better. I never turn down free rooms in Vegas. The money you save can then be used for dining options at places YOU choose, not CET.

6. Leeza14

Leeza14 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Be sure to print out your confirmation and take it with you. That way, you have it in case you need it at checkout. I've only needed mine once, but it sure did save me a lot of money! :)

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just keep all the emails on my phone. The few times there was an issue, I eventually pulled them up, at the same time the desk clerk found it in the system anyways.

8. Judge Smails

Judge Smails Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got an offer also for 2 free nights at the Flamingo Sunday-Thursday and $50 in free play. If I go to the rate calendar I can get 5 free nights anywhere besides Caesar's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.