1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Returning rental car to strip hotel? Possible?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Wifarmer, Jul 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wifarmer

Wifarmer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So this fall 6 of us are flying out Wednesday early AM, renting a van/SUV and heading out to death valley for the night. Then Thursday we're heading back into town to stay till Sunday. Question is, is there any way to return the rental vehicle to a strip property on Thursday or do I have to return it to the airport and catch a cab back to the strip?

2. rooster42000

rooster42000 Goat of all Goats , My Hero

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you can return on strip, ck with your company for locations .

3. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Avis
    MGM properties
    Venetian/Palazzo

Hertz
    CET properties
    Cosmopolitan
    Wynn/Encore

4. YoungGun

YoungGun VIP Whale

I think you can specify different return locations when you make a reservation. I was going to do this once (not in Las Vegas) and after finding out that it would cost more I just returned it to the same location.

5. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yeah, it's going to cost you more for a "one way" rental. sure it's in the same city, but that's considered one way and they jack up the prices.

6. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just curious....what is there to do in Death Valley? I'm guessing you must have friends/family there?

7. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do this every trip almost. I hate dealing with the rental place when flying out. The cost isnt much more for most places. i think its $10 or $20 for dollar. In addition to the places listed above:

Dollar Rent a Car
    Treasure Island

One thing to note is that the hotel desks may have limited hours so make sure you return before they close or you could get charged another day.

8. matguy

matguy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've done the opposite a couple times. Saves on the "Facility charge" of the "Airport" garage (I know, it's not actually at the airport), though, usually a bit more expensive. It might not always be considered a "one way" rental since it's in the same "city" (I know, neither are probably in the city), depending on the company, but it is certainly usually more expensive.

9. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm wondering what you find troubling? I pull in... get out of the vehicle, grab my bag, they scan the vehicle and as I'm walking into the center, the receipt is e-mailed to me. I get on the shuttle bus and relax until I get to the airport.

10. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To figure out what they will charge, you can do it all online as you make a reservation. Sometimes more expensive, sometimes not.

11. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A cab is even easier. Bell man takes my bags, hails a cab, puts my bags in, cab drops me off at curbside check-in. Now THAT'S relaxing. I don't like the extra time dealing with the shuttle combined with the uncertainty of exactly how long it will all take. Plus I like to squeeze every last minute of Vegas time I can get so hopping in the cab with just enough time ti be at the airport as early as I'm comfortable is my preference.

We also are usually in Vegas for longer than a week so we can save some money by not having the car till we leave. Our next trip is 13 nights but we are only keeping the car for 9 days (which is cheaper than 7 believe it or not).

12. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do hear that from almost everybody! :nworthy:

13. Wifarmer

Wifarmer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

On our honeymoon (5yrs ago) we stayed overnight at Stovepipe wells. Absolutely nothing special but we come from a very small town so it was actually a great time! Spent most of the night just BSing w/ the bartender w/ less than 10 total people at the bar. Well this time we're thinking of staying over in Furnace Creek. Death Valley does sound big and boring, but it's actually quite the sight to see!

14. scottydoog

scottydoog Low-Roller

Birmingham, England. But born and raised in Bonny
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Usually go to Vegas for 8 nights, dont bother with the car on the day i arrive, as I usually like to get a buzz on on the plane and usually tired from travelling from UK.

I usually pick up at hotel or at dollar on swenson the next day, then return the car to the airport, saves on cab fare and never been charged for a one way.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.