1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Stay In Or Cash Out?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by VegasGroove, Jul 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have grown to enjoy playing slots on MyVegas. I hit the auto-spin button and wash a few dishes, fold a few clothes or watch some tv. It's a fun way to pass time without paying for it. Plus you get rewards for it!

I wonder though, wth all the talk of devaluing rewards, missing chips/points, etc.:

How much longer do you think this "free" thing will last?
    Would it disappear like WagerWorks did?
    Do you sometimes feel like just cashing out your rewards before someone decdes to pull the plug? That way you won't feel cheated and your efforts woudn't have been in vain?
    How vested are you in this?

I kind of feel like cashing in while the getting is good. I see posts on FB from people planning to play for rewards for a trip in May or September 2014! Will MV be around that long? With the transient nature of comps, I can't say that is a guarantee.

I'd like to know your thoughts. Thanks!

2. g8rb8k8

g8rb8k8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am of the same thought process as far as "getting while the getting is good". Friend and I are staying at Monte Carlo in December for 6 nights and used the weekend comp bonus for fri/sat (one each). I have been working towards the two tickets to KA, I saw on the Ka site that the show will be starting back up either today or tomorrow so I'm assuming (hoping) that MyVegas brings them back. I am about 30,000 lps away but as soon as I reach the required amount I will be purchasing those also, or redeeming or whatever it is called...lol, sometimes that terminology is confusing. I think its a great little program but I d fear that it is going to go the same route as Wagerworks, but maybe not. They keep readjusting MyVegas to get less for more LPs, which is fine with me and if I get a bit of a "discount" as I'm in vegas it all works for me :) Maybe with all the readjusting of the rewards and LP prices it may last longer whereas its a facebook game...I don't know.

3. boboswisher

boboswisher Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I was in the MGM properties last week it certainly didn't look like they were overly promoting MyVegas much. There was a small sign here and there, but it didn't come across as something that they were planning to maintain as a core part of their marketing over an extended period of time.

4. cstutor89

cstutor89 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How much longer do you think this "free" thing will last? -- As far as this "free" part of the game, most of that has sailed away already. Most of the rewards are not free anymore, requiring you to pay taxes, resort fees, or be BOGO. Out of the entire time I've played the game, I've rarely seen them revert back to an old time so I don't see free stuff ever coming back, especially for the high valued rewards.

Will it disappear? -- They've said many times they want to be in there for the long haul so, I don't think they will disappear. To compensate for making the long haul, they had to adjust prices and rewards to make it that way.

Do you sometimes feel like just cashing out your rewards before someone decides to pull the plug? That way you won't feel cheated and your efforts wouldn't have been in vain? -- These are great questions to consider but yes, if you truly want something from the rewards, get it as long as the trip to Vegas is 90 days from when you buy it (unless it is a room or show ticket which will allow you to book for the further future). I've had some close calls as well as some near misses in getting rewards because things changed or happen at the time. One example would be when I got the 2 Premium Tickets to Ka before they raised the price from 82,500 to 148,000 to the price now at 208,000 (the Category was B for the initial tickets, now it is C). So yes, make sure you buy something before it goes. I've used up a large portion of the LPs that I have and I don't regret the rewards that I used for them. Maybe when I stop playing the game, I will write out how much it ends up being.

How vested are you in this? -- I've vested a lot of time playing the game, almost a year now starting back in early-August of 2012 and have achieved over a million LPs. I have seen it all, from gameplay changes, game introductions, and reward changes. I have invested a little money to increase the reward limit but even though that better limit is now gone, I was able to use that better limit and feel like I got at least that much back.

5. YoungGun

YoungGun VIP Whale

I think as time goes on we will see a move towards more things like free NYNY coaster rides, Secret Garden/Shark Reef passes, and AdventureDome passes. Those cost them very little. There will probably also be more rewards that require a purchase (like almost all the Sugar Factory ones they recently added) and more percentage off coupons. I actually think the lower tier properties (CC, Luxor, and Excalibur) will offer better rewards as the value from the higher tier properties decrease. For example, CC still offers two buffets which, IMO, is the best buffet reward outside of the Bellagio lunch reward.

6. anonanon

anonanon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wish the rewards were better, but to be honest free is free. I sit at work and home with MyVegas on 200 autospin and if it disappeared tomorrow yes I'd be sad but not mad, but then again I haven't spent a dime on their program.

I wish they had more "free" rewards though, aka no resort fees, no taxes etc. just like "real" comps!

7. Blueberries

Blueberries 6 of 1, half dozen of the other

Trips to Las Vegas:

My thoughts are the same.
    I am so grateful for what I've already received, so no complaints when and if it ends.
    That being said, I'm grabbing my rewards when I can.
    Have Fuel the Duel and Prme Beef Sliders at Mix for my next visit.
    Is August 2013 the one year anniversary of MyVegas? Possibly the contract as written expires then and things could possibly end?
    That's my concern, but I don't know.

Still grateful even if it comes to an abrupt end.

8. cstutor89

cstutor89 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was out before August 2012. I think it was June so it's already passed its birthday.

9. shiny

shiny Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree! They just added some "free" rewards yesterday --- ARIA's lunch buffet and dinner buffet.

Personally, I think that PlayStudios will try every way to promote MGM Resort's gambling business and keep up their venture partner relationship with MGM. MGM will be the decision maker of unplugging the MV games and freebies, etc.

10. Check-Raise

Check-Raise High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeh, I'm just happy to have something for free. If it's gone tomorrow I don't care. I've invested a fairly minimal amount of time in the game and I just cashed out a ticket to Zumanity and the Fuel the Duel thing. It's pretty much like I just got 2 nights entertainment for free. Then the hotel (MB) gave me two free show tickets too. Three Crique tickets and Fuel the Duel and all I've paid for so far is a $120 deposit on a room.. lol

Bad

wait for it

ASSSS

11. Check-Raise

Check-Raise High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And since I started playing a while ago there have been a lot of changes, most for the worst, but some good changes. There have been some scares (Cirque shows disappearing) but at the end of the day there is always something of value to get with your LP.

12. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As long as the BOGO buckets of beer don't go away this week, it's solid in my book....hiccup

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.