1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best ribs on the strip?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by LV_Bound, Jul 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't see much references to ribs.
    Any idea where on the strip best known for their ribs?

2. salukidean

salukidean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's not on the strip...but Ellis Island is within walking distance and probably has the best ribs in the strip vicinity. Steaks are better than in Vegas than almost anywhere else in the country, however, barbeque is not a specialty on the strip. If you have great ribs back home, concentrate on other foods while on vacation and go have great ribs when you return home.

3. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What salukidean said. Love BBQ. Ellis Island is really amazing. Was completely shocked by it.

4. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had breakfast at Ellis Island once and it was soooooo bad.
    With all the options on the strip we didn't feel a need to give them a second try.

5. basicearth

basicearth Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think I recall anyone recommending Ellis Island for breakfast!???

However, we went there last year for the BBQ ribs after reading many recommendations for good steak and BBQ for dirt cheap. We were not disappointed ... and I'm originally from Texas so I take my BBQ seriously!

We are going to Vegas (for my son's EVO tournament) at the end of this week, and I have 4 or 5 teenagers to feed .... so back to Ellis Island we go!

6. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LV_Bound, Ellis Island has the best BBQ near the strip and has good prices, I have had the ribs and chicken deal several times and it has always been good. Still remember when they had the grill set up just outside and you could eat sitting in the sun.

If you want a true Strip location, Gilley's is worth a try. I have had BBQ and tasted the ribs at Gilley's (TI) and they were good too but far more expensive. Advantage Ellis for the microbrew. Advantage Gilley's, waitress uniforms.

7. gradytripp

gradytripp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not to hijack the thread, but the Ellis Island $5.99 steak and eggs special (available until 10 am, I believe) is at least as good a deal as the regular steak special. It's delicious and very filling. I've never had the BBQ there (always get the steak), but I may have to at least try to make the switch this time!

8. AcesFull72

AcesFull72 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We went to Ellis Island last week for the BBQ. I got the full rack and wife got the chicken and ribs combo. We both would have been completely satisfied with just a half rack of ribs each. The chicken was pretty good but the ribs were great

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.