1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Double-booking hotels

Discussion in 'Comps' started by JasmineJo, Jul 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JasmineJo

JasmineJo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am still in the planning stages of our trip to Las Vegas at the end of July/early August. I already have booked 6 nights at Ballys (5 nights comped, 1 night not comped). I received a mailer from the D with 3 nights comped, some free play, and food comp. So I double-booked The D for Tuesday/Wed./Thurs. nights. Will there be any problem with not staying the full 3 nights at the D? I've read to just leave the room key in the room when checking out early. Will this work? Any other advice on this plan?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
  2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pretty much any hotel in Vegas, or anywher ein the world for that matter... you can just leave early. If they come and clean, they may assume you have left and check you out.

if you have a Do Not Disturb sign on the door, they will generally not bother you until checkout time on your last day. Even if we are in the room, we do this.

So,... would it work? Why not?

3. hard6

hard6 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I double book all the time at the Strip and downtown with no problems, never at the D though, but I don't think it will be a problem. :peace:

4. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:

Your subject line is about double booking, but your post isn't.

What you want to know is: you have an offer from The D for 3 nights comped with some freeplay and food and you want to know if its OK to just book 2 nights instead.

Unless the offer actually states that you must stay a specific number of nights then what your offer really is saying is that they will comp you for UP TO three nights. Even if you only stayed one night you will still get the freeplay and food.

It even sounds like you have already booked the room so that should say right there that there won't be any problem booking 2 nights instead of 3.

5. JasmineJo

JasmineJo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm pretty new to getting comps since DH and I are real low rollers. I've never double booked hotels with comps before so I guess that I am surprised that this will work and they won't expect you to pay for the nights that you aren't there and show no play in their system. Sorry I my post was unclear.

6. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay, yes, you probably can "get away" with leaving early. However, it could effect future offers, especially if you don't put in 3 days worth of play. So, you can do this, but if you are hoping for future comps from the D you'd be better off to stay and play when you use them. This is probably even more true for CET.

7. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    that's not really true, on most offers like that they require the full 3 nights. they don't want you to jump in for 1 night, pick up the FP and play little. they also know the more amount of time you are there the higher likelihood that you'll lose. that's why you just book it for the 3 nights and just leave whenever without checking out.

8. JasmineJo

JasmineJo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Atom an shifter answered my question pretty well, thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.