1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Christmas For 4, Recommendations?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by joshcox19, Jul 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joshcox19

joshcox19 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, after attempting to plan for NYE it looks like I'll have to settle for Christmas.. In reality my girlfriend and I are just using this as an excuse to get away from both families. Rooms are definitely much more affordable over Christmas, which is fantastic, but we're having some difficulty deciding and I'd love to get some input...

As of now there are only the 2 of us going, but there is a 3rd person that will likely end up coming, she just hasn't committed yet. If she ends up going, a room with 2 queens should be sufficient, we did this last time we were in Vegas (just last month).

Anyway, our current room choices are looking like the following:

Flamingo: Fab or GO for about the same price
    Harrahs: Deluxe for more than Flamingo
    The Quad: Deluxe for the same as Harrahs

I've also looked at Mirage and Monte Carlo, they're around the same price as Harrahs. What would everybody on here recommend? We want to keep it on a budget, but it doens't have to be super cheap. Flamingo looks like the best deal and possibly the best room. Would a GO room work well for a couple+1?

Thanks in advance! :beer::beer:

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flamingo would be great.

So would Mirage.
    Or Monte Carla
    Or NYNY
    or Planet Hollywood.

Not sure what is important to you, past trips and what you liked, did not like.

Personally, I would go for your own room, but that is just me/us.

3. joshcox19

joshcox19 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I was beginning to think our own room might not be a bad idea.. We're hoping to be as close to the action as possible, so in that regard Flamingo is definitely good I guess.

Is booking a room now getting to far ahead of the trip? I have some discounts from Total Rewards but nothing majorly discounted.. worth waiting?

4. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would definitely suggest something close to the Four Corners Flamingo-Strip area. Flamingo is one you really can't go wrong with.

5. Emeraldcity

Emeraldcity Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wait till about September to book unless you find something really good now. Remember too, if you book now and find a better rate later you can call them and get the better rate. I always go over Christmas and do that when I book my room.

6. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Remember Monte Carlo is renovating the front until sometime spring 2014. Will post update after we return from next weeks trip. I would remove that as an option.

7. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Couple plus one in the same room? I'd have to be broker than broke, like one step from living on the street to go for that. Either that or the plus one is really hot and you're hoping for a menage a trois. But maybe that's you; I don't want to judge.

8. joshcox19

joshcox19 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good call.. I didn't even think of that. That'll probably take MC off the list

LOL, I wish.. We did it before with another person and it wasn't bad.. We're not broke in the least but if 2+1 want to go, might as well save the $$

9. floridavegas

floridavegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We just got home Fri and stayed at Aria - however walked past MC multiple times to get to NYNY, yeah a small wall was built but honestly no big deal. Really we hardly noticed it. Nothing like Quad, Linq construction. It was not loud or dusty. However, we walked past Bills and a jackhammer machine was being used at 11pm. They crew was working at night as its hotter than hell. All I could think of was poor people at The Flamingo...
    But to each his own...
    I'll post some pics of the construction at both sites. I would not let the construction at MC deter any plans and lately they seem to offer some great rates.

10. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would choose Flamingo. It looks like you have a TR card. Are you using the rate calender? I'm showing Flamingo comped from Dec. 15th (my birthday) up till the 28th. If you use the rate calender and you see the dates you want to go, and they're comped......book it. If not, wait a little longer and try again. The rate calender is best if you want to find comped rooms.
    As far as booking early, i booked Bally's in Feb. to use in November. Keep looking on the RC, you will probably get partially comped or fully comped.

11. joshcox19

joshcox19 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I've got a TR card and I've been using the rate calendar. I've got a very small discount during that week but its barely anything.. I was really hoping to see it comped but I really didn't play much during my first trip. I'll keep an eye on it and see what we get

12. -(J)-

-(J)- Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aside from when to book, where to stay and how much to be paying.. your going from the most busy, oversold night of the year to one of the slowest nights on the strip! Not always a bad thing but it's going to be dead. You'll notice a big difference during x-mas compared to your trip last month. Might not be as "exciting" out there in December.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.