1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MGM Grand Mini TR w/ Pics

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by UKFanatic, Jul 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Got back last night from a five day trip to the Grand. My host gave me a terrace suite with an awesome view. Originally, I was only planning to post the pics from the trip, thinking folks may want to see the great view. Then I decided I would at least add a few additional tidbits form the trip. So, enjoy....

*Highly recommend the terrace suite at MGM. The view is phenomenal and the disco lights steam shower rocks (I realize that description probably makes no sense, but if you have seen it, you know what I mean)

*Service at MGM was spotty. Definitely disappointed by that. It took almost two hours for the bellman to deliver my friends checked bags to their rooms and the room service on the first evening to my suite took almost as long as well.

*The gambling gods smiled on this trip. After dropping almost $30k the first morning I was there, I took a break, resumed the next day, and a great run began! By the end of the trip, I left the MGM up $47k! :thumbsup:

*The milkshakes at the Burger Bar at Mandalay Bay are ridiculously good

*Got a cabana at the pool Saturday. Was very happy we had one since the temp hit 124 that afternoon, but overall it was a bit of a letdown. The pool was just packed with ******bags. I had never seen so many at a Vegas pool

*Found out that a Noir card will get you pretty much all the free rides you want on the NYNY roller coaster

*Interesting development with mlife: so earlier this year I maxed out at 10k on express comps. A week before this trip, I checked my account on my mobile mlife account on my phone. Interestingly, it showed me as having over 12k in express comps while their website was still maxed out at 10. When I went to checkout, the desk clerk told me I had over 13k in express comps. I had $2800 in charges not covered by my primary comps, so the clerk applied the express comps and now my mobile account shows me having almost 11k remaining. Website still only shows 10k. Interesting, to me at least .....

*Hope you enjoy the pics. Tried to get one of the construction outside Monte Carlo. Think the rest are self explanatory

Attached Files:

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  2. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Oh man we were there at the same time. I would've loved to play craps with you. I lost 100% of my craps buyins within minutes of starting each session! If I was smart enough to bet the don't like you I would've cleaned up.

Did you go to Beyonce? Or are you more the Bieber type :poke:

What did you spend so much on that you still had $2800 not covered by primary comps?

We also finally did the roller coaster at NYNY for the first time ever. It was pretty cool, too short but some fun drops.

3. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the kiosks and the website never show more than the max. just ignore those always. the mobile site and the host computers show the true amount.

4. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had thought the rule these days was that you maxed out at 10k. Good to know I'm still earning something

The plans have changed
  5. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry I missed you. There were two decent shooters Friday morning that cost me about $15k combined. Other than that, the tables were pretty cold.

Was offered tix to Beyoncé, but passed. The gf and her sister went to Bieber, though. They had a lot of fun. Both fanbases are just nuts. Little girls started lining up outside the arena for Bieber more than seven hours before the show. It was nuts.

The $2800 in charges was because I brought ten friends out there with me on this trip. All the meals and room charges adds up! Plus we got about a grand worth of tickets to O and the pool cabana charge was another 800. It adds up fast

The plans have changed
  6. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the report. Loved the pictures. Between me and my BF, we have like $1,600 in EC's and our plan is to stay in the terrace suite next spring for 3 nights.

7. fadetheseven

fadetheseven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How do you handle hot shooters while you play the don't? I'm headed to Reno tomorrow and am planning on going darkside. I'm a long time right side player. I'm thinking of waiting for the next shooter if the current one has hit 2 points.

8. theghost

theghost Stuck at work, but should find a poker table

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seeing the pictures you posted is surely making me salivate for our trip to MGM on the 20th!

Great report, thank you for sharing!!!

9. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely worth it. The crazy heat made it difficult to enjoy the terrace anytime except evenings. I want to try it again in the spring or fall

The plans have changed
  10. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For me it's negative regression. At certain levels, I increase my bets to try and catch up. With that system, I hit my risk of ruin a little under 2% of the time. But when I hit it, it hits big! That's part of how I lost so much Friday morning

The plans have changed
  11. fadetheseven

fadetheseven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Like a modified martingale? Press when you lose?

12. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not even close to a martingale. I would be broke and no longer gambling if I tried that. My craps system is a negative regression betting strategy, but I never try and get it all back on one hand (or roll or spin) if I am down

The plans have changed
  13. Kickin

Kickin Flea

He might be asking because your wording is a little confusing. Do you bet more or less when you are losing? A negative regression means you are betting less and less after each loss. But from the way you describe things in your last two posts it sounds like you are betting more after a loss, i.e. a negative PROgression.

14. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the confusion stems from this statement:

"There were two decent shooters Friday morning that cost me about $15k combined"

If there were decent shooters then why did you lose $15k

15. Huddler

Huddler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Because they were making their points and he is betting the dont.

16. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly. Two decent shooters for the pass line, not for me. One of them hit four points and the other hit five. There was one quick seven out in between those shooters, but losing nine out of ten points (plus I think I lost a don't come bet somewhere in there as well) equals a very bad result for a dark side bettor

The plans have changed
  17. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Correct. Typing too quickly. My system is negative PROgression, not regression

The plans have changed
  18. fadetheseven

fadetheseven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for clearing that up. Sorry to draw so much attention to the worst part of your trip :)

Understanding how you handle these situations can be quite useful for others. I think I'm going to stick to my 2 point limit per shooter. I can't stomach the thought of 4 or 5 point hands as a don't bettor.

19. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Theoretically it's capped at 10k but some people keep earning while others don't. Who knows why? That's mlife for you.

20. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice score!!!
    Isn't that the room that is supposed to come with a butler????

Any pictures of the inside?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.