1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bally's North tower Classic King

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by K-9treatbaker, Jun 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K-9treatbaker

K-9treatbaker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello everyone,

I just checked the rate calendar for our trip in Nov. and I can get all 4 days comped at Bally's, for the North tower, classic, king room.

So, needless to say, I am probably going to book this. Can't beat free. LOL And I do know about the 18.00 resort fee.

I need to know, if anyone has stayed in this room recently and what are your thoughts.

In your opinion, bed comfortable.

Clean room.

bathrooms, okay?

Updated at all?

I would appreciate any and all opinions, good or bad. And my husband and I are not fancy people, nor do we complain about petty stuff, but still like a nice clean room and a comfy bed.

Kindly,
    K-9treatbaker

2. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The reason why the rate calender says "North Tower Classic", is because it was changed almost overnight. It used to say South Tower.
    The South Tower rooms are now called "Jubilee". The North Tower classic rooms are really on the low end compared to the new Jubilee rooms. JMHO.
    I have already e-mailed Bally's about my complaint on changing the reservation i made back in Feb. I was given a name to contact when i hit Bally's in August.
    But make sure you book the "Deluxe" room in the North Tower. When looking at the rate calender, click the link showing Classic and slide down from Classic to Deluxe. It should be still free. The Deluxe is a small upgrade over Classic.
    However, what you can do is book Deluxe, and then when you check in do the $20 trick to upgrade to the new Jubilee Tower. The Jubilee rooms, formally the South Tower rooms, are being upgraded and should be completed by fall. They have a fridge, new decor, new bathrooms, a 37" flat screen, etc. and probably a view of the Strip.
    By the way, i'll be at Bally's in Nov. as well.

3. K-9treatbaker

K-9treatbaker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ballys

Waverunner,

Thanks for your help. I was wondering if it wasn't the south tower and they just called it the North tower.

I will do as you suggested.

We will be there Nov. 11-14th.

Thanks,
    K=-9treatbaker

4. Warmgingerale

Warmgingerale Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

I had 5 nights comped in the south tower (sun-thurs)when I booked a month ago. Now it says north tower classic which I'm fine with. But since I already put a deposit down (I'm staying the Saturday and Friday after also) is there a way I could change it to deluxe? Would it even matter considering I will do the $20 trick also and my stay will be during my boyfriend's birthday hopefully that will help.

I'll be there Nov 9th-16th. Hope we all can get to see the new jubilee rooms! Good luck!!

5. waverunner

Trips to Las Vegas:

No, the North Tower is further back from the Strip, the South, where i have always stayed off/on 10+ years, is located on the Strip. There are two Towers. North rooms are a little bit bigger but are dated, the new Jubilee Tower (formally the South Tower) are now the better rooms. When you booked online, comped rooms were in the South Tower with the North being the preference to most people (except me), and would upgrade to the North.
    I will be at Bally's Nov.4th-Nov. 9th.

6. waverunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, you already booked, but the Classic rooms and the Deluxe rooms are both comped. What i would do is keep the same room (Classic), then when you check in, use the $20 tip and ask for the new Jubilee rooms. The Jubilee rooms have various views depending on what you want, but since it's your BF's birthday, ask for the Bellagio Fountain view in the Jubilee Tower facing Paris, City Center, etc. Heck, even try for a Suite, you might get lucky. But make sure the Suite is in the Jubilee Tower.

7. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Karen, the North Tower rooms are fine. They are large and I have always found them to be clean. The location is great too. The decor is kinda ugly, but in Vegas, that isn't important to me.

If I wasn't on a mission to stay in every hotel on the Strip, I would probably stay in Bally's all the time. I have found the service from the staff to be one of the best on the strip, friendly and not pretentious.

ETA: I just saw you were going in November. I have always been upgraded when booking at Bally's on a comp. (I was last there in February and then the upgrade was to the north tower.) Ask if they can put you in one of the new rooms when you check in.

Attached Files:

8. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with da1chifan. You are kind of in a win/win situation. It used to be that the South tower was what was usually offered as comp and you had to hope to be able to upgrade to North Tower on checkin. Now, with the South Tower undergoing renovation (I believe just starting, so no one has stayed in the new rooms yet or will be able to until at least late summer), the South, aka Jubilee, Tower is going to be the "better" tower and the North will become the standard for comps. The North tower rooms are clean, comfortable and spacious. IMO they are totally acceptable and I love the location and service at Bally's, it's really become our go-to place to stay. So whether you end up in the North Tower room you have booked, or are able to upgrade to one of the newly redone Jubilee tower rooms, you are going to be in good shape.

9. K-9treatbaker

K-9treatbaker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for the pics and the information. I am going to book this, then ask to be upgraded if possible, using the 20.00 trick.

K-9treatbaker

10. K-9treatbaker

K-9treatbaker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really appreciate the information and opinion. Bally's it is. :)

K-9treatbaker

11. honestaj

honestaj Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    These are nice rooms, 2 weeks ago we wanted an upgrade to north tower. Great location, easy access to center strip vegas

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.