1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Questions about Mlife

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Dean Martin, Jun 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We used to stay exclusively at the Mirage and were RFL for years. We haven't been there or stayed at an MGM property since Mlife started up so I know very little about it. We're thinking about a trip to the Beau Rivage and wondering if we need to just pay for a room and check with somebody at the end....basically start over w/ MGM/Mirage. Or will they look at play that far back and at least comp a room up front?

I did a search and was reading abut "express comps"?? Do they do everything (room, food and booze) by strictly points now?

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Call the hotel and ask. Worst they can do is say no. No idea if they evaluate play as far back as the old Players Club days.

Not sure what you mean by do they do everything with points. But Mlife is similar to total rewards. You can swipe your card at the point for purchase for food, or just charge stuff to your room and use express comps to pay foir eligible items at checkout

I Need Spa
  3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Call the Beau and see if they will pull it up. Rooms rates there tend to be high for non-players. It is one of our favorite places to visit. A real mini-Bellagio. Great steakhouse and asian restaurant. Very busy on Fri and Sat nights.

Very friendly and helpful staff.

4. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, that's exactly what I meant. So it sounds like you "puchase" meals, drinks, etc.. as you go using your points now, versus having your play evaluated at the end for newbies...unless you're a regular customer and then I assume they still comp up front.

5. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you still need to have your play evaluated prior to checkout, Dino. Express comps only make up a portion of your total comps – and a fairly small portion if memory serves. If you had your room comp’d upfront, I doubt you could expect a lot more from them than just the EC’s that you earn. But if you pay for the room, and play in the manner that I believe you do, you should certainly be getting more than the pittance that is EC’s.

Of course, Mlife seems to change their way of doing things every few months. And since it has been a while since I’ve stayed at an MGM property, I could be all wet.

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, try to get the room comped up front. You will not earn enough EC to pay for it in most cases.

And, sometimes they will give you some $$ upfront for food. Better than Vegas in most cases.

7. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Remember that whatever you earn in Express Comps, theoretically you earned about 6 times that in primary comps. So if you've earned anything at all in express comps, you should be talking to someone at the end of your trip to see what they can do for you with your primary comps. If you use that 6 to 1 figure in your head, you'll have a decent idea of what you should be expecting.

8. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    at the Beau they work like CET. they take your ECs first ALWAYS before they do anything additional with primary comps. so if you show up with $3k in ECs or something, you will get $0 in primary comps (other than room and any F&B offered upfront) until that balance is $0. sucks big time.

and their comp rate is only 30% of theo (made up of 8% ECs and 22% primary) as opposed to 40% in Vegas (5% ECs, 35% primary). so the primary comps earned is only 2.5x as much as the ECs you earned. but that goes toward your room and anything else offered upfront before they give you anything more.

9. JustNgo

JustNgo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you sure about that number? 6 to 1 sounds quite high, I always thought it was closer to 2 to 1.

EDIT: Didn't see you already posted about this Shifter, I didn't realize primary was that many times ECs, is this for CET, MLife or both?

10. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like they couldn't make it any more convoluted if they tried....but then again, maybe that's the goal.

I'll call and see if they'll do the room up front but last I heard, they did away with the hosts at the Beau so not sure who you even talk to now...the Player Club Desk?:rolleyes2:

If they don't go for the room upfront, we'll just bag it and go to Vegas again..like that's a bad thing:evillaugh

That's odd but doesn't surprise me I guess that the Beau is worse for comps than Vegas....I didn't think things were that hopping in MS:poke:

11. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    they still have hosts at the Beau, you just can't get ahold of one unless you have his/her cell number. they will never transfer you to a host if you call the regular line unless you're Noir. you will have to talk to "customer care".

12. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WOW!! When did this change!??!? I thought it was 13% EC and 27% Primary!!

13. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    that was only in Vegas before the changes Oct 2012.

14. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a period of several years away from Bellagio/Mirage, and when I came back they brought me in on a very generous offer. This was a few years ago when Aria first opened and they were hurting for business, so YMMV. I would think, though, that the Beau would comp your room upfront based on ancient history.

15. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks shifter. I always liked the Beau and we were thinking Oct to see a show my wife likes but it sounds like they've made it pretty difficult. Maybe we'll just stick to Vegas.

16. Gregsmt

Gregsmt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So here's what I experienced at the Beau in April. I was driving in that day and called in and I assume it was player services that comped me 2 nights at $200 food credit per day with VIP check in.

I didn't use the $200 in food either day. I racked up more express comps in 2 days than I did in Vegas in 7 days. My EC's quit being added at $5000 which was $4600 when I got there. Went to the gift shop and bought $600 of golf balls, umbrellas, sweatshirts to use up some of my ECs.

Talked to a host assistant when I checked out to find out my theo. no express comps were used during my stay except by me at the gift shop. Stopped at Goldstrike in Tunica on the way home and it was similar. Earned $200 ECs in a short night. So I'm now back up to $4600 now.

Now the tier credits were very minimal compared to what I earned in Vegas. But the ECs were more accelerated in my experience.

And since I'm not a Noir, I couldnt speak to a host but a host assistant was happy to help me.

17. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Greg....what do you play?

18. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So is it now 5% EC and 35% Primary in Vegas?

19. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes.....

20. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So just so I understand..roughly speaking;

If the total comps are 40%, and I have say $200K in "coin in" on a VP game that has a return 0f 97% (house hold of 3%)....my comp would be:

($200K x 3%) x 40% = $2,400

Thanks, Dino

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.