1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Need Betting Strategy for Level 140+

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by shiny, Jun 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shiny

shiny Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Greetings! I've been playing MyVegas games with cost-effective low-betting strategy. The strategy helps me getting a lot of loyalty points (LP), although it is very time consuming.

I stepped in level 140 last night and have accumulated 526,742 LP (gold coins). I noticed (at level 140) it takes much longer time and more coin-in XP (red coins) to make that 10 LP.

I read some of the older threads and posts. Is it still correct as shown below?

Level 58 to 139
     40 chip bets x 120 spins= 4,800 chips for 10 loyalty points
     60 chip bets x 75 spins= 4,500 chips for 10 loyalty points
     100 chip bets x 58 spins= 5,800 chips for 10 loyalty points
     150 chip bets x 55 spins= 8,250 chips for 10 loyalty points
     200 chip bets x 27 spins= 5,400 chips for 10 loyalty points
     300 chip bets x 27 spins= 8,100 chips for 10 loyalty points
     400 chip bets x 27 spins= 10,800 chips for 10 loyalty points
     600 chip bets x 23 spins= 13,800 chips for 10 loyalty points
     1000 chip bets x 6 spins= 6,000 chips for 10 loyalty points
     1500 chip bets x 6 spins= 9,000 chips for 10 loyalty points

Level 140 and above
     1000 chip bets x 8 spins= 8,000 chips for 10 loyalty points
     2000 chip bets x 6 spins= 12,000 chips for 10 loyalty points
     4000 chip bets x 6 spins= 24,000 chips for 10 loyalty points

By the way, the game "Lost in Time-Jewels Vern" seems to get tightened up and its payout was substantially reduced. It was my favorite game for a while. It's become "unplayable" vampire (eat up chips so quickly and the bonus run barely pay)!

Please help me with your best strategy for level 140+. What game will you recommend and also the betting size (how many coins per spin)? Thank you very much for your advice.

2. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When do you plan on using your points? If I were you, I'd try to use my points ASAP before they devalue the rewards more.

3. cstutor89

cstutor89 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're above 140 there are only two types of bets you should make, if you want the max amount of LPs.

1. 1000/1500/1700 bets = 8 spins/bets
    2. 34/40/60 (minimum) bets = ~240 spins/bets*

Note that Excalibur 2, Luxor, and NYNY only take 164 spins (they never fixed that for the other games). Everything else is a waste of time unless you want to level-up with double XP, then 2000+ bets are okay. Ranked in order of max LPs that you can get with your chips are as follows:

1. Blackjack
    2. Around The World / Jewels Verne / Lucky Birds
    3. Excalibur 2 / Excalibur / Studio City / Mirage / Luxor / NYNY
    4. Bet The Farm

4. shiny

shiny Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Out of the 526,742 LPs, I already purchased/redeemed 416,000 of them in the past months. I still have over 110,000 LPs available to grab some more rewards.

I do not buy chips; therefore, I can only use 3 rewards per 30 days. I go to Vegas 4 to 5 times per year and plan to use 3 in each trip.

Thank you very much for your reminder.

5. shiny

shiny Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Millions of thanks for your great advice. :nworthy:

6. mcluekm

mcluekm Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was wondering why 'Bet the Farm' is fourth on your list? I'm on level 175 and bet 1700 on Bet the Farm interspersed with 34 chip bets when it's not paying out much. It seems to be working- but of course, I have nothing to compare it to.

But when I do try Lucky Birds (1000), it's usually a chip sucker, as well as the Excaliburs, Studio City etc..

I haven't tried Around the World or Jewels Verne

I also heard that BJ is not a great way to get LPs, but it can be a good way to earn more chips?

Like the OP,I am curious to find out what works for others that are above level 140. -What they actually bet- and is it working for them?

7. cstutor89

cstutor89 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do play BtF a lot but not because of the LP gains. I play the game because of the high paytable and the XP you can gain through the Bonus Games. All bets on the slots at 1000/1500/1700 take 8 spins at this high of a level so it take 70% more chips (-5600) to win the same amount of LPs than if you just played on BJ / Birds / Verne / 80 Plays. When it comes to minimum betting at 34, yes it does take about 18.6% less chips (+1544) than all of the other games. Most people though don't play at minimum bet because of the fact that it just takes too long to get 10 LP.

Blackjack USED to be the worst game for LPs because of the fact that it'd take so much XP to actually get any LP. They fixed it months ago and it pays out in a tier-based way. Betting an amount from X to Y yields this many turns to get 10 LP. The magic range is 200-399 for Levels 58-140 and the magic range is 1000-1999 for Levels 140+. Always bet the minimum per tier, why bet 1500 or 1700 when you can bet 1000 and get the same rate.

There's a lot of flexibility with Blackjack and it has the lowest house advantage (theoretically). I know what the dealer is capable of so I don't love the game as much as if I was playing the game for real. Contrary to what basic strategy is I don't play that way on myVegas because the dealer finds too many ways to make 19/20/21 even in your best situations possible of the dealer having a Hard 14/15/16 and you have a strong 19/20/21. What Blackjack also doesn't do well in is leveling up. All bets are cut in half when it comes to XP gains. For example, if you bet 1000 you get only 500 XP.

Bare in mind these evaluations are not my personal opinions about these games. Everything above is based on theoretical yields for LPs and how much it costs to get 10 LP. In my evaluation the order would be as follows:
    1. 80 Plays
    2. Bet The Farm
    3. Blackjack

<Small Gap>

4. Jewels Verne [It'd be higher if it wouldn't crash so much]
    5. Lucky Birds

<Large Gap>

6. All the 30-line games...

All the 20-line games and Blackjack, I bet 1000. On the 30-liners, I'd be betting 1500 on it if i was playing on it, but since I don't like them, I ignore these games. And Bet The Farm I play 1700 to build up the crops and then if I need a chip boost I use minimum betting to get those chips back. I noticed that if a game has done really well in the last session then the next session typically is a bad one to compensate for its losses. I also noticed that games that you haven't played in a while like weeks ago, tend to be slightly nicer to start off.

8. mcluekm

mcluekm Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info cstutor89

I might try some other games mentioned at 1000 per spin then.

As for BJ- does a 1000 bet mean 1 hand x 1000?
    or can it be 2 hands x 500
    0r higher-- 3 hands x 1000 etc.

9. hillwood24

hillwood24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When you first start playing blackjack, you can only play one hand at a time. After you get like 8 blackjacks, then it will start letting you play two hands at a time. And once you get to 15, you can play three hands at a time.

At that point you'll be able to bet however much you want on each of three possible hands. You could bet $1, $500, and $1000 if you so choose.

10. cstutor89

cstutor89 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For Blackjack, the total amount of your bet must be 1000 so as examples, you could do:

1. You could do 1 hand @ 1000 [optimal]
    2. You could do 2 hands @ 500
    3. You could do 3 hands @ 300/300/400
    4. etc.

For any bet, you do get a XP and LP increase if you do any Splitting, Insurance, or Doubling Down. Selection 1 is optimal because if you have a bet of at least a 1000, then you get a 2nd LP boost when you Double Down or Split because it is like you're making (2) 1000 bets at the same time.

You do get a boost of LP if you take Insurance but only if you bet 2000 or above on one single hand because you have to put up 1/2 your bet for Insurance. But there are problems: (a) it doesn't happen that often (b) you have to take insurance which is unconventional and (c) it's not the optimal rate.

11. mcluekm

mcluekm Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks

I was wondering in terms of earning LPs, if you bet 3 hands x 500 does this maximize your LPs. Is this total bet counted as a singular 1500 bet?

Or should I bet 3 hands x 1000 to maximize LPS?

I'm confused about what is the best amount to bet to maximize LPS.

Hope this makes sense.

12. mcluekm

mcluekm Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL we were both writing comments at the same time. I'll go read your previous post.

13. mcluekm

mcluekm Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, you sure know your stuff!!! Thanks for the tips.

14. cstutor89

cstutor89 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're welcome :)

15. shiny

shiny Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Completely agree with you! MyVegas BJ game appears to be programmed with some "glitches", which tends to give much higher winning edge to the dealer, as I've been playing it frequently and notice them. Although I always play with BJ basic strategy, I avoid to double down and stand on 16. The glitched game busted me whenever I double down or hit 16. You can play, observe and watch them!

As we all know that MV games are programmed to give most LPs (gold coins) to the low bet. I personally do not rush leveling. Instead, I play and gain as many LPs as I can thru each level. BJ is a good tool to earn LPs. Below level 140, 8 hands (@1,000 per hand) will make you 10 LPs. Level 140 and above, 9 hands will do it.

Agree with cstutor, I do not bet over 1,000 per hand. When the losing streak came, I lowered my bet to 100 and let it losing several hands under the small bet. Then, I returned back to 1,000 per hand and sometimes played two hands when I foresee the winning streak is coming. BTW, the glitched BJ game seems to operate in a pattern (if you play enough, you will figure it out).

16. shiny

shiny Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MyVegas has made several changes in the recent months to restrict the reward redemption (only 3 within 30-day period), along with their continuing devaluation of the rewards. Is it worth leveling fast and losing the opportunity of earning more LPs? My next concern "is it worth spending so much time in playing and hunting for LPs"?

BTW, I got in level 143 this afternoon with cumulative 535,012 LPs so far. My goal was to reach 1 million LPs on or before level 350. I start wondering whether it's necessary to pursue this goal. How long will MyVegas thingy last???

17. cstutor89

cstutor89 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To me, it really depends what your goals are. If the goal is to get 1,000,000 LPs then you definitely want to go as slow as possible with the most efficient bets possible because every bad bet will lose more LP in the long run. There's so many people that I know of that leveled-up really fast from double XP and betting 10k or 15k a spin. All of that speeding resulted in 100-200k less LPs so I don't think it really helps to go too fast if LP total is an issue.

Another possible goal to consider is what kinds of rewards you want to work up to. I would look through all of the rewards and see which ones you would want to buy and the total amount of LPs you need to make to get up to that point. I'd only go up to as much as I need to so if you don't need 1M LPs to get the rewards you can stop earlier. Make sure though you don't shut off the game completely if it's going to be awhile before you need the rewards because they will wipe away your LPs if you don't have any game interaction for 30 days.

I've heard them say multiple times that they want to make it for the long haul and some of it is justified based on user interaction/likes. The Cirque tickets have helped them since there's been more interaction than the months before that, so there's hope in it being around for a while but I think it is overhyped interaction. The better the Cirque tickets, the worse off they are, especially if you compare it against what they had before. As far as how long this game is going to last, no idea. They could pull the game or a reward at any time, so definitely get the rewards you want as long as your trip is within 90 days from now. I've also heard that they've been trying to bring back Suite rooms, but in order to do that you'd most likely have to pay more LPs and taxes/resort fees.

I don't think 1M LPs is too hard of a goal. I recently hit 1M about a week ago and the total time actually needed to make that much was around 10 months considering the fact that the game was a lot harder when it first came out.

18. Ronoh

Ronoh Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This all depends on how much time you want to put into the game. I ran some numbers when I first started playing that give me a different view (these may be slightly off as it was quite awhile ago when I ran them and am going from memory):

Leveling from 58-135...

Player One who plays for max LPs (1000/spin) will put in 170 hours to go from level 58-135 and will have earned roughly 240K LP (1412 LP per hour)

Player Two who hoards chips and plays 10K/spin will put in 17 hours to go from level 58-135 and will have earned roughly 185K LP (10,882 LP per hour)

Personally I would rather put in 10% of the time... the extra 150 hours definately isn't worth it for a ticket to KA ;)

19. shiny

shiny Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Ronoh, the Player Two (who played with 10K/spin) had much higher risk of quickly losing his chip stack when the game didn't hit something big. Also, MyVegas set up a limit of 7,000 LPs that each player can earn withing 24 hours (excluding the leveling bonus).

20. Ronoh

Ronoh Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's like saying a $100 bill goes faster in a $1 machine than it does in a .25 machine. Player Two has a bigger bankroll because he doesn't play every day (hoard chips for 2 weeks = roughly 1M). Player Two also doesn't typically put in the amount of time in a 24 hour period to worry about the 7K limit.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.