1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MLife -- Hyatt program relationship

Discussion in 'Comps' started by billduhcat, Jun 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billduhcat

billduhcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MLife is joining up w/ Hyatt, allowing Hyatt points to be earned and spent @ MLife properties and providing reciprocal status between the 2 programs.

Press release here.

FAQ here.

Easier to follow overview and details here.

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lame they only match noir to Hyatt platinum instead of diamond. That's cheap.

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just about posted this again and saw the post. Looks like the MGM Marketing folks are busy. Matching (sort of) status with Hyatt and with Royal Carib Cruiselines.

And points with Southwest Airlines.

Looks like the Hyatt folks get more than the other way around. The big perks/comps still require play though.

4. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hyatt Gold Passport & M life join forces

Thought some people here might find this interesting. I just got an email that Hyatt Gold Passport & M life have formed a partnership that allows you to earn points on both membership programs simultaneously, it sounds like:

5. firebchilly

firebchilly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is there a vip room with hot food for highest tier? If not, not even worth a status match

6. reg1986

reg1986 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Checked in to Hyatt today they know nothing of the partnership.

7. stackinchips

stackinchips VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The way I understand it is that you will receive the card in August. I'm not really surprised that none of the personnel at the hotel would know about it. They really won't have to because in a month and a half you'll have your card which will signify that you are a (whatever) member and give you the appropriate perks.

As for the value of this, it's probably fairly limited, as Hyatt while a large chain, doesn't have locations everywhere. That being said, I don't need free appetizers to find value. If I use the perks one time and get an upgraded room or free internet, it's a good value for me as it's just an added perk that requires nothing of me to earn it (outside of what I've already done with Mlife). Not really much sense in complaining about something that is free and requires nothing.

8. reg1986

reg1986 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not complaining, my wife and I are both Hyatt Platinum and mlife platinum, the email I received said starting June 20th. I'm interested in the points I earn in vegas supplementing my Hyatt points since we each accrue multiple free nights per year at Hyatt. The email I received didn't say anything about August just beginning June 20th.

9. stackinchips

stackinchips VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My understanding is that it does begin now, but the actual cards will be sent out in August. Not sure why they wouldn't just have them coincide, but again I'm not all that surprised that the frontline personnel isn't aware of it. I can see where it would be a headache for those chomping at the bit to start using the perks and accumulating points. Of course it will all be moot in August when the cards show up.

Also I wasn't referring to you as complaining, moreso the poster before you complaining that only hot food would give this any value.

10. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lets be honest... Hyatt Platinum is worthless. I hope you're crediting your stay credits to your Hyatt account since the points are worth more.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.